Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding the mountains and using the clutch to get me through thick muddy bogs I developed the clutch riding’ never had this before’ thought I may have burned the clutch out! So I striped down the bike and changed the clutch plates’ the old plates didn’t look worn but I changed them anyway! After re installing the clutch is still the same the clutch lever can be all the way out then it eventually starts pulling off’ everything went in correctly the cable is fully adjusted on the engine’ does anyone have any ideas for me? After doing some research on the internet someone is saying to add a steel friction plate at the rear of the basket to fill out the basket ? If anyone can give me some advice that would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
After riding the mountains and using the clutch to get me through thick muddy bogs I developed the clutch riding’ never had this before’ thought I may have burned the clutch out! So I striped down the bike and changed the clutch plates’ the old plates didn’t look worn but I changed them anyway! After re installing the clutch is still the same the clutch lever can be all the way out then it eventually starts pulling off’ everything went in correctly the cable is fully adjusted on the engine’ does anyone have any ideas for me? After doing some research on the internet someone is saying to add a steel friction plate at the rear of the basket to fill out the basket ? If anyone can give me some advice that would be great! Thanks
Did you check the free length on the springs and have you got free play on the clutch lever, There is no need to add plates to the clutch if everything is in good condition and correctly put together and adjusted

1 - 2 of 2 Posts