Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, I am here because I have an addiction to my Honda Xr 600.. Not really, actually really. I am rebuilding my 1991 xr 600. I sent the frame in for powder coating. The engine is open, gonna throw a 1mm oversize standard piston in there.. I am waiting for the courier, bought a yamaha wr 450 2003 front suspension with the upper and lower yoke.. apparently i can still use the xr yoke bearings and have to machine a new shaft,not sur what you call that, anyway.. My only concern at this stage is my rear mono shock. The previous owner threw some random shock in the back and the bike is much lower now. I can get a 1983 xr 600 rear shock for a bargain. My QUESTION IS, IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE 83 MODEL XR 600 AND THE 91 MODEL? CAN ONE FIT A HONDA CRF 450 REAR SHOCK OR FOR THAT MATTER ANY 450 REAR SHOCK?

I hope there is somebody with experience in that field. I will still load up some before pics of my bike..

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
bought a yamaha wr 450 2003 front suspension with the upper and lower yoke.. apparently i can still use the xr yoke bearings and have to machine a new shaft,not sur what you call that, anyway.. ?
you do need to machine a new stem and use xr bearings on that and keep the rest yammy,

see here

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/acgameangling/P230510_09380001.jpg

i also have the mod done on my bike and it makes a nice difference! :p

dont know about the suspension changes but i am looking for a new rear unit, think i am going to measure the length from top bolt hole to the bottom bolt hole and find another one which will fit the space and is the same length, then all you need to do is set it up for the bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work!!! :thumb: Does the XR brake callaper fit standard to the 450 forks? I think I am also going to try and put some 450 rear shock in the back. Some guy at a spares shop told me there is modifications to be done. Well I am gonna give it my best shot and try and fit it with no modifications.. There is no info about the rear suspension on the net. Looks like we are pioneers!;) ha ha..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts