Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After jetwashing my xr400 last night my headlight has decided to go off if I rev th bike on dipped beam , however this does not happen on high beam, previous owner has disconnected side light, has fitted heated grips, and I am pretty clueless about electrics. Also the xr has no indicators, and is a uk bike on a 53 plate. Any help is much appreciated as I commute to and from work in dark. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I have checked th bulb and its fine, cud it possibly be wet connections? Is it a good idea running heated grips? I wish the wiring had been left untouched!!!!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
After jetwashing my xr400 last night my headlight has decided to go off if I rev th bike on dipped beam , however this does not happen on high beam, previous owner has disconnected side light, has fitted heated grips, and I am pretty clueless about electrics. Also the xr has no indicators, and is a uk bike on a 53 plate. Any help is much appreciated as I commute to and from work in dark. Thanks in advance.
There's not enough wattage in the xr's generator to power both unless he's put a 200w stator in the bike.

I suggest you disconnect the heated grip check th ewiring is correct for the lights and try again, but you also say which is confusing me that it only happened after you jet washed the bike so maybe worth checking all the connections tomake sure water hasn't got in them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will check for wet connection tonite, does any one hav photos of what th wiring should look like so I could try putting it back to normal, I don't know what th previos owner disco nected, tapped into etc. I know its a longshot lol,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think av fixed it, av disconnected the heated grips, they we're connected into th side light (green and biege wires?) Then I sprayed all connections with contact cleaner, I then tested for power in the headlight lampholder on dipped beam and I have power, I then checked again on high beam and found I have power. This can only mean that its a faulty bulb!!!. The filament must of been hanging on and at high revs just brakin connection slightly???. Sounds strange but I will update tommorrow when I buy new bulb. Hopefully this will be problem solved.............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was just the bulb, still av disconnect th heated grips and th light seems much brighter, thanks for th help peeps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts