Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one im new to this forum and just passed my cbt i bought my self a xr 125 l-3 as my first bike and im looking to improve the performance and turn it in to a supermotard style bike any one got advice on this please

and no i dont want to buy a diffrent bike before some one says lol

the thinings i heard to improve the perfomance is to cut the yellow wire from the cdi unit and remove some thing from the air box fillter and new exhaust any tips on this and does it improve the performance of the bike alot

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
hi every one im new to this forum and just passed my cbt i bought my self a xr 125 l-3 as my first bike and im looking to improve the performance and turn it in to a supermotard style bike any one got advice on this please

and no i dont want to buy a diffrent bike before some one says lol

the thinings i heard to improve the perfomance is to cut the yellow wire from the cdi unit and remove some thing from the air box fillter and new exhaust any tips on this and does it improve the performance of the bike alot

They are not designed for power i don't think there's alot you can do with them, some people on the 250 & 400's remove the snorkel from the air box to allow it to breath more freely. I don't even know if the 125 has a snorkel. I wouldn't go clipping wires especially if you don't know what they are for just makes more work soldering them back together

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are not designed for power i don't think there's alot you can do with them, some people on the 250 & 400's remove the snorkel from the air box to allow it to breath more freely. I don't even know if the 125 has a snorkel. I wouldn't go clipping wires especially if you don't know what they are for just makes more work soldering them back together
awww this might sound stupid but i heard that these engines are very easy to work with and that they can be pushed to 90mph i heard this on youtube? i ges its a load of bull cos its only air cooled and i could see it blow up at that speed.

do u know any tink bout cuting the wire on the cdi unit?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
awww this might sound stupid but i heard that these engines are very easy to work with and that they can be pushed to 90mph i heard this on youtube? i ges its a load of bull cos its only air cooled and i could see it blow up at that speed.

do u know any tink bout cuting the wire on the cdi unit?
Don't know about the 125 cdi, youtube is talking bollox 90mph, the 400's won't do 90mph unless you change the gearing rediculously and even if it could i wouldn't want to do it. You've obvoiusly never ridden a bike with a high front mudguard at speed and headwind. standard gearing on my 400 tops out about 65-70mph.

The motor is easy to work on but your limited to want you can do don't touch the internals see some of my posts about my rebuilds and you'll see why they are not built for power. Even with my 440 kit and high comp piston air box cut out it only made about 29bhp on the dyno

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know about the 125 cdi, youtube is talking bollox 90mph, the 400's won't do 90mph unless you change the gearing rediculously and even if it could i wouldn't want to do it. You've obvoiusly never ridden a bike with a high front mudguard at speed and headwind. standard gearing on my 400 tops out about 65-70mph.

The motor is easy to work on but your limited to want you can do don't touch the internals see some of my posts about my rebuilds and you'll see why they are not built for power. Even with my 440 kit and high comp piston air box cut out it only made about 29bhp on the dyno

cheers jason i havent even got the bike yet i only paided of the deposit i pick it up on the 30th so when i get it i will have a look over it and see what i can do i want it to be hiting a speed of bout 70mph when im done with it thats if any think can be done to it lol i know i can change the exhaust on it but apart from that im stuck really im only 10 stone so thats got to help out on accelartion a little i gess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts