Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the MT60's need replacing but I never take the bike off road at all it's a commuter for me so thought I would be better off getting road tyres, thing is everyone talks about off road tyres so I'm looking for advice on which road tyres to go for??

·
mud muppet
162 Posts
id say you would be better just replacing them with mt60's as thats what they put them on for mostly road use and light offroad and they last a fair bit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any other opinions? Really just looking for the best grip possible for an all round commuter bike thats only ever used on roads

MT60's didn't seem optimal to me but the only thing I have found really that's not major expensive is the Avon Roadriders

Would be nice to get something cheaper than the MT60's...

·
mud muppet
162 Posts
just messaged a few tyre places for you to see if they can help because im struggling to think of some haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any other opinions? Really just looking for the best grip possible for an all round commuter bike thats only ever used on roads

MT60's didn't seem optimal to me but the only thing I have found really that's not major expensive is the Avon Roadriders

Would be nice to get something cheaper than the MT60's...
So..

you want better grip and you want them cheaper? Sorry bud, it doesn't work like that! :toothy10:

In what way did you find the MT60's less than optimal?

·
mud muppet
162 Posts
Just got this back from tyre tec traiding "there are not great options for because I think the only brand that make tyres for this bike is the Pirelli MT60 or 90 A/T ranges. So you don’t like the look for these because they are too on/off road?

The only option would be a Bridgestone BT45 rear and a Avon AM26 front"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies

To be honest its prob that I just don't like the current rear tyre which is an Avon of some description and its a 120/90 as it came on the bike

Will just grab the MT60's as price is reasonable :)

Cheers guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts