Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, First off let me say Hi -
So this is what’s up - I had my 04 XR125 stolen last Sunday and the scrote that did it ripped it down to a frame, wheels and engine, so after having it recovered I bought a stolen recovered 07 XR - after 2 days of swapping and rebuilding I finally got mine back on the road - BUT.... the engine is running like a 3 legged dog! it won’t idle properly, despite setting the tick over speed (it keeps cutting out unless tick over is crazy high) when I set off from stood unless I cane the throttle the engine tries to cut out, when I’m in 1st/2nd at low speed and accelerate the engine bogs down and cuts out, when I get into 4th/5th gear at high revs it feels like the engine is starved of fuel, I can feel it almost miss-firing - I have no bloody idea what’s causing it, or how to fix it - it has a 1month old iridium NKG sparkplug, oil change 1 month ago, air filter is clean, the rubber piece with 2 holes is missing from the top of the air box this appears to have made it louder since it was nicked, its running on BP Ultimate unleaded, the carb was stripped down and cleaned by myself on Sunday (cleaned with petrol and an air compressor) the jets are clear and the float appears ok - I’m really at a loss with this - any help will be great – also… the speedo doesn’t work, the problem is at the front wheel (any ideas) Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Check the Choke as it could be stuck on. or the cable has snagged, as for the speedo remove the cable completely to check it is not frayed or broken the check the speedo works, before you worry about the drive in the wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the Choke as it could be stuck on. or the cable has snagged, as for the speedo remove the cable completely to check it is not frayed or broken the check the speedo works, before you worry about the drive in the wheel.
Thanks for the reply, i have checked the choke, it is fine. have disconnected the speedo at the front wheel and spun the cable with a drill, the display works perfectly, and the cable is in good condition - so i can only assume the problem is with the wheel.

I opened the idle mixture screw a bit last night which appears to have improved the tickover a little, but its still running rough. Any more ideas guys? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the carb was stripped down and cleaned by myself on Sunday (cleaned with petrol and an air compressor) the jets are clear and the float appears ok
Tried that, Any more ideas welcome :confused:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If you're happy the carb (slow run jet) is clean then I'd be looking for an vac/air leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts