Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Bought a supposedly Honda Xr125 2006 sold as a field bike, I want to put it back on the road, on checking the Vin number LBBM01105FB575496 has thrown up a whole load of questions.

So not sure what I have bought, I guess it's a Honda built under licence in China..?
How good are these builds, Chinese bikes do get a bad press but this one seems to have genuine Honda parts.
Any ideas..?

Thanks,

db.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Chinese clone copy? Might be an idea to speak to a Honda dealer to see if it is a 'Honda'.

Stickers on the bike are aftermarket. Not sure about seat.

Make: Zhejiang Qianjiang Motorcycle

Model year: 2015

·
Registered
826 Posts
Again best speak to a Honda dealer to its provenance and if they support it for spares. Then speak to your insurance company once its identity is clearer.

Though I believe the bike you have is a bit like the Tupolev Tu-4 was to the Boeing B-29 ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Apart from the aftermarket stickers it looks very much like a standard XR125L as sold by Honda in the UK.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks similar to the Honda XR150L I bought new just before Christmas as a runabout. See Honda NZ website:

These are mainly sold as farm bikes in NZ but are fully road-registerable (they don't have to be registered for off-road farm use here. The farmers will ride them on the road between paddocks but plod turns a blind eye). Dealers uncrate them, change the sprockets to lower the gearing so they can toddle along at cow walking pace, fit proper knobblies for paddock use, fit huge mudflaps front and rear and substantial handguards. The farmers love them. Straight out the crate they are all set for road use.

They are Chinese-built but if they weren't well-built a NZ farmer would kill them in a matter of hours. And they don't. The farmers here generally abuse their bikes something wicked and these little Hondas just keep running. The dealer told me that they are built in a Honda factory in China, to Honda quality control standards. I know Honda has had a long-standing joint venture with a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer (Qianjiang?) and it may be this the dealer was referring to.

Your bike looks like a bike that was sold here as the NXR125L a few years back. Again, mainly for farm use. It was also known by the model name Duster. I have a recollection that the ones sold in NZ may have come from Honda Amazonas in Brazil. The same model may also have been made in China.

Yours has definitely had a "cosmetic re-hash" though. The stickers are not OE Honda. And what is that muffler!!!???

If a bike is built in a Honda factory, it will be built to Honda quality standards, regardless of where in the world the factory is. My CRF250L was built in a Honda factory in Thailand and if I hadn't read that somewhere, I wouldn't have known. I have owned many Japanese-built Hondas over the years and my Thai-built CRF is as well-made as those.

FWIW I am having a ball on my XR150. Small, light, low-powered bikes can be incredible fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts