Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new memebr to the site. I'm 34 and want an XR for short commute and weekend fun.

I'm looking at said bike on ebay but reading a few other posts re the XR (japanese import), are parts a bugger to get hold of? Is it fundementally the same as a uk spec bike apart from the push button start? Should i avoid like the plague!!!!

Any advice regarding this would be very gratefully received!!!

Honda xr250 xr 250 electric and kick start 5800 miles on eBay, also, Honda, Motorcycles Scooters, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 23-Apr-09 20:59:14 BST)

Also, this website lists common spares but are they for UK spec bikes only???

Honda Off Road XR 250 (RN/RP/RR/RS 92 - 95) - Motorcycle parts and spares. Paul Smeeton's BitzForBikes

I just don't know what to do for the best....:confused:

Many thanks in advance.....RD

·
2,701 Posts
A couple of mates have had these over the years, without problems.
I think its just the electric start thats different.
Spares are available but may take longer to source, but if the mileage on that bike is correct it should'nt be an issue.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of mates have had these over the years, without problems.
I think its just the electric start thats different.
Spares are available but may take longer to source, but if the mileage on that bike is correct it should'nt be an issue.:D
Thanks very much, :thumbup: trying to decide between another CRM or the XR......

Decisions decisions....:dontknow:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Cant really go wrong with either of those bikes, both made by Honda so you get the legendary build quality, my mate had an import and had no problems getting any bits for it at all, small headlight was abit of an issue in the dark but he was a bit of a girl, nice digital read out with trip meter ets on the dash, and they come with a kick start as well so no worries if you have a duff battery, good bikes although my only concern is with the metal petrol tank, I prefer the plastic one on mine, could just be down to me falling off lots off road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I've just bought a 1005 XR250 Japanese import, and need a CDI. It is electric start, only, and rums a full 3 phase, 3 yellow wire alternator ny idea what CDI will fit or is there anyone, that supply jap import parts? Wook

1 - 5 of 5 Posts