Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a XR250R. It is a 1984 model and is not registered for the road. Has anyone done a road conversion on this bike or something similar. Of course I need new tyres, possibly a new silencer but to get a daytime MOT I need a stop light operated from both front and read brakes levers and I can't find a way of doing this...any suggestions?

Cheers

Martin

·
Stone Crazy
5,316 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
You dont need any lights for mot. when i registered my trials bike it had no lights, horn, speedo, indicators and no brake lights if your mot station are telling you different you need to find another one that know's his job there is no such thing as a daylight mot the mot is the same as any other one except at the inspection he writes on the mot that no lights were fitted at the time of the test. It is then your responsability to use you bike only when there is enough light so you dont need to use lights. But remember if lights are fitted at the time of the test they should be working so take them off. I would get it registered for now and start fitting lights to it later on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that everyone. I bought one switch from ebay and the other from bikebitz. Did have a problem with bikebitz as I ended up spending over seventy quid on other goodies!! :mad::thumbright:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts