Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just joined up so this is my first post.
ive had a quick read through the forum and its been very helpful so far.

anyway ive just bought a 2000 xr400
first though after driving it on the road was i found it very low geared i thought it would have a lot more top end that it has. i know a lot will depend on the size of the sprockets.

anyway on the plus side i found its a brilliant off road bike with more than enough grunt witch is where its going to spend most of its time.

but......... the fuel consumption was very suprising im not sure how much the tank holds as i just toped it up. but it doesn't seem to last long.
are they all like this are is there a problem with the carb on the bike.

any comments will be great thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
welcome

if it help's
I get 440 kl out of my 22lt tank.
no good at math..:cool: but I'm happy with the mpg on my stock XR400R

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
hi all just joined up so this is my first post.
ive had a quick read through the forum and its been very helpful so far.

anyway ive just bought a 2000 xr400
first though after driving it on the road was i found it very low geared i thought it would have a lot more top end that it has. i know a lot will depend on the size of the sprockets.

anyway on the plus side i found its a brilliant off road bike with more than enough grunt witch is where its going to spend most of its time.

but......... the fuel consumption was very suprising im not sure how much the tank holds as i just toped it up. but it doesn't seem to last long.
are they all like this are is there a problem with the carb on the bike.

any comments will be great thanks
Hi minty last enduro bike i had was a converted YZ 490 now that was thirsty my mate on his xr used to carry a galon in his ruck sack as well as the one i was carrying just so i could go as far as him and it wasnt on standard gearing it was geared up for the road i was clocked at 100mph by my bro on his CBR 6 i worked out the mpg for a laugh it was doing 12 my 3.5L V8 range rover was doing 15mpg. i've been out twice on my XR since i bought it last weekend and still havn't put fuel in so i'm happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Minty,
I have a 04 Xr400 that I mainly use on the lanes with just a bit of road work getting to and from location. On average I get a good days riding out of a tank 70-100 miles.
I run 14 /45 gearing which suits me for the lanes but if you do a lot of road work then stock gearing 15/45 would be much better. I know some use 16 / 45 for the road but I think this is just a bit high. 15/44 or 43 is better. Should also help a bit with the fuel .

Lark

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
This weekend i spent beefing up my arse on the XR as i've been riding trials for the last 2 years and my arse has gone soft i covered 92 miles and the bike was doing 49mpg which i am well happy with. i done about 50% of it off road and the rest wearing tarmac out i pay road tax so i want my piece of the road as well. my arse is now killing me.:pottytrain2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts