Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there thumper fans, I'm looking to sell my XR400 but I've been out of the game for years and don't know the price to set, any advice welcome. It's '98 and is low mileage (under 3K), I bought the bike from a motorcycle shop owner who planned to do the Paris -Dakar, but couldn't go that year and sold the bike to me. I used it to ride an off road rally in the Pyrenees, and then some green laning here in the UK. I had planed to super moto it but family life took over and it's been sat in the back of the garage for years getting the engine turned every few months. Last week I cleaned the gummed up carb, fitted new pilot jet which I couldn't clear, did the usual post lay-up preps of oil etc, and it fires up fine. It's not MOT'd so I've only ridden it up and down the track next to where I live. It has an Ohlins rear shock, am not sure if that was OE but something tells me the PO fitted it. I also have an Acerbis 5 gallon tank and set of beefed up wheels - Takasogo excels, these are extra, bike is fitted with OE tank and wheels. It is not fitted with battery (lights and horn work) and has no ignition switch (just a kill switch). Looking on e-bay I see similar bikes for around 2K, so with the extra tank and wheels this lot must be worth 2K, probably a bargain but I need to sell it and can't be bothered with tyre kickers.

cheers
SM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I spent a few hours getting bike ready to try ebay and found a box of bits at the back of garage which triggered memory. Bike had a genuine HRC power up kit fitted when it was a few months old, and so I have the power up manual in a box along with very good condition OE piston, camshaft and primary drive. I understand the power up kit cost about 1K back in '98 - high compression piston and longer lift cam.

The Ohlins rear shock was fitted when the bike was brand new, so there is a box containing the unmarked, never been used OE rear shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts