Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beeaj
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XR400 has sat in the garage all winter (was running fine when last out) when I wnet to start it I was getting nowhere so removed the plug to find I could not get a spark, went and bought a new plug but still no spark. I have checked all connections including an ignition switch which I fitted and all seem OK but still no spark
Anybody any ideas?
Beeaj:(

·
Registered
494 Posts
My XR400 has sat in the garage all winter (was running fine when last out) when I wnet to start it I was getting nowhere so removed the plug to find I could not get a spark, went and bought a new plug but still no spark. I have checked all connections including an ignition switch which I fitted and all seem OK but still no spark
Anybody any ideas?
Beeaj:(
my bike never shows a spark ????? still starts and still get a shock when i hold the lead..lol

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
try checking for spark in the dark as said it can be difficult to see in the daylight or if your brave enough hold on to it that way you will know for sure:happy6:
As for starting after leaving for a while this way never fails for me
Full choke, full throttle, kill switch off hold decompressor in and kick a dozen times. Then release decompressor close throttle kill switch on and kick usually fires first or second time after following this procedure and you have the added advantage of pumping some oil around the system before it starts :thumbright:

·
Beeaj
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice 1 XR mad:p
back in dark garage saw a spark and did as you said, BOOM 3rd kick
cheers mate

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
No problem glad it worked for you took me ages to sus it out myself:thumbleft:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts