Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the side stand. I have had the bike a few years. It did not have a stand when I bought it. I thought I would just buy another one and bolt on. Then I realised there is no where to bolt it! It did not really bother me as I use it off road only. However I want to get it on the road now, so could do with a stand. I have tried several bolt on option (to the frame, swingarm) but nothing really works.

The lug/bracket that should be welded on the frame is not there. It looks like it has been broken in a crash and the frame smoothed out. I would now like to reinstate this. I think the best option is to get the lug fabricated and welded on. So what I need is measurements for the lug and maybe some close up photos. If someone could do this for me I would be greatful. Or if there is an XR400 near me I could come and do it my self. I am in Sherborne, Dorset.

If anyone has any other options I would be greatful also.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi.

Not as simple as marking out a template the bracket is bent in 2 plains as well if my memory serves me right, mine was missing when I got it, quite a common thing XR sidestands breaking off they are welded to very thin tube.

When I got mine it was bolted to the swinging arm, it worked but I didn't like it, I was was very lucky a member on here had an oild frame and chopped the lug off and I welded it to my frame.

What I did to mine http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/xr/78670-big-thank-you-xrvirgin.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts