Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined here, need some help.
Partners son has an xr400 that needs to get through an MOT. It has standard indicators with bulbs not LED ones and we are after locating a relay to get these working. For the life of us we can not locate one, can import one from Australia of all places at a ridiculous price but there has to be an easier solution to this.
Have read else where automotive relays have been used so has anyone else had the same problem and managed a way around it ?? or even where to purchase a relay in the UK.
Any help would be appreciated with grateful thanks, even wiring diagrams for alternative non standard relays from a car that would get these lights working.

Paul.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Paul

I purchased a flasher relay from Biker Parts in surrey for £ 5.99 - Item 14192935948 - Flasher Relay for indicators car motorbike bike resistor 2 pin 12v 21w - Its a 2 pin - With mine I had 3 wires ( 1 Black wire & 2 Grey wire ) I put the black wire on pin 1 and the 2 grey wires joined on to pin 2 - I used crimped spade lugs with a bit of heat shrink over the pins - All worked OK

Hope this helps
Cheers Neil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are your lights led or standard as the only one I can find on that website is for led indicators. We have standard bulb type indicators on the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Paul
Mine are standard normal bulbs in them - I just had a look myself and the only ones that come up were the led ones -

Have a look on eBay with the below description

Flasher Relay for indicators car motorbike bike resistor 2 pin 12v 21w

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Neil, much appreciated for the info, had a quick look on ebay and they are there, will have a longer look later when i get home from work and order one. Fingers crossed as with you this will sort this out and off for an MOT it can go and my partners son will then be on the road with it, all being it passes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Neil, just an update, the relay arrived on Saturday, fitted it and we now have indicators flashing at last. Thank you for the info and putting us in the right direction; its been much appreciated.

Paul.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts