Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone know where i can get a White Bros Vortip for an XR400R (if they still make them of course)

Thanks and regards

Mark

·
Gold Member - Yeah baby
156 Posts
Not sure if they still make them, but I've got a B&B one for sale if you want. Can email you a picture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Caution! I got one imported from Baja Racing for my 2002 XR400 & it turned out to be pretty much a waste of time. After the bike was run-in, the dealer did first service & produced a box of bits which included new inlet, airbox-cover & some other stuff which really opened up the air-ways. The bike would not then work until the "pea-shooter" baffle was removed. Great power but way too loud. Imported a Vortex from US & fitted - total disaster - ended up chopping so much off to get the bike to breathe the only bit left was the shiny curved bit on the end - not worth £60. Having said that, bike now runs like a dream & is not too loud. In the US, the XR4 is setup very differently to other countries spec bikes - California has very strict emission laws so I suspect the jetting is different to UK bikes & simply bolting a Vortip on won't solve all your problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts