Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not been on here for years since selling my varadero but I could do with some advice, I’m going to look at buying an xr400r 97 model tomorrow it’s not been used for 6 years and previous to that has only done a little over 100miles in the previous 4 years, it’s cosmetically very shiny but still retains its wear marks from covering 11000kms up to 2010. My thoughts are that every oil seal is going to fail when I start using the bike, Does this bike only have one crankshaft seal on the ignition side? And can this be pulled out using a self tapping screw? There’s the gear shaft, kick start shaft, output shaft, what else should I expect are there any other seals inside the engine for example oil pump? That should be considered. Oh yeh valve stem seals. All opinions welcome.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Change the oil, filter and air filter, pour oil in through the valve inspection caps to make sure the cam and top end is lubed and a little in the bore then fire it up and ride, fix what don't work not what you think needs doing. The oil seals will be fine

Reactions: Blackdog88
1 - 2 of 2 Posts