Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to convert my XR400 from KMH to MPH and would like opinions on best route (not wanting to simply add sticker on face of speedo)

Option 1:
Is there a difference between the speedo drives at the front wheel between KMH and MPH machines, if so if I bought an MPH version would then make the KMH speedo read as MPH?

Option 2:
Add KMH to MPH in line adapter at speedo end therefore reducing the out put to effectively cause the KMH clock to read as MPH

Option 3:
Buy a US speedo unit and replace the KMH one on basis that the ratios are internal to the speedo, plus the face would be MPH

Option 4:
Get the original speedo converted internally and face to MPH (don't have a clue who would be best to do this?)

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
All XR400 have a clock face shown in kmh, no mph ones were produced to my knowledge
I have owned them for 20 years
You won't find a mph one in USA as they never came with a speedo there, just a trip Meter as they aren't road legal over there
Why change it?
If you must then add the sticker and a converter from the eBay link
Me - I just adjust to the Kmh speedo and it's not a mot fail either

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks....think I will go down the converter route, knowing that no MPH version is available saves me time searching

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
I went to a breakers & bought the smallest MPH speedo that I could find & mounted it onto an ally plate. Works ok & is reasonably accurate :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts