Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you get when you take one wrecked 2003 Honda Hornet 919, a bunch of KTM 950 Adventure suspension components, and add a bunch of steel to shore up the weak frame.

The XR900R.

She's obviously not done yet but I'm making progress............

·
Registered
494 Posts
what you going to use it for?
i canr see it being anygood on or off road sorry just my opinion

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Cool!

I thought the title was a typo!!

That looks very interesting indeed!!

What do you expect the dry weight to be?

And what sort of carbs/FI/gearing will you use and what kind of power delivery do you hope to get(ie top end/bottom end)?

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
looks very interesting :thumbleft:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what you going to use it for?
i canr see it being anygood on or off road sorry just my opinion
It will be used as an 80% road/20% dirt-gravel dual sport. It's going to be a big, fat bike so the tight technical stuff or sand will be reserved for my CRF.

Cool!

I thought the title was a typo!!

That looks very interesting indeed!!

What do you expect the dry weight to be?

And what sort of carbs/FI/gearing will you use and what kind of power delivery do you hope to get(ie top end/bottom end)?
I'm guessing it will end up close to 450-475 pounds. The stock Hornet is 418 but the KTM suspension components are heavy duty and the frame steel I'm adding isn't light.

The stock Hornet is fuel injected which is one of the many reasons I chose it. I hate carbs and have rebuilt enough of them to last a lifetime. As far as power delivery, I'll be gearing it much lower as I won't have a need for 100+mph riding!

Mmmmmm that looks real interesting. :cool::cool::cool:

Look forward to the updates.:thumbleft:
Thanks, I'll kee them coming as I go.

Exactly which bits are XR? :confused:
None. As I thought of a name for the bike, the XR series is the only one that even comes close. Dual sport type bike with a four stroke engine that is not competion class = XR It's a big, well very big XR650R.

looks very interesting :thumbleft:
Thanks.

I reckon its the new Honda GS eating Super Trail Monster prototype getting a make over for production.

Bet it pulls great wheelies....
Exactly my intent. I love the BMW GS Adventure but I'm not a fan of BMW's engines or claimed durability issues as of late. I also like the KTM 990 Adventure but the "extra" maintenance a KTM suposedly needs didn't excite me. Honda's durability is legendary and I just love the power delivery of an inline four, especially one with a tad over 100hp!

I think I want one!
Maybe Mother Honda will see it and realize that they are missing a large segment of motorcycle sales. They make the Varadero but she's really overweight and the suspension isn't set up for any off road excursions.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Maybe Mother Honda will see it and realize that they are missing a large segment of motorcycle sales. They make the Varadero but she's really overweight and the suspension isn't set up for any off road excursions.
Doubt it hey:D But looks fun if you have the knowledge and inclination to build a weird and wonderful bastardisation. Look forward to the end result:thumbright:

C

·
0 Posts
Absolutely awesome ! I was wondering on another thread just where all the guys like you that can build these sort of bikes have gone :thumbright: I can't wait to see how it turns out !

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK........
So where are the progress pics
You can't get us all worked up & then not deliver
This is not a strip club, is it.........?

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeah baby! liking where youre coming from.it wont be any use off road but what a back street blatter and its a one off and looks ace, well i hope it will when its finished my friend.dont be put off by the neg comments we are all individuals thank fxxxk mark keep us updated.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Thats one of those project which as been built to see if it can be done, like this one. Fair play to both of them for having a bit of fun and trying something different

Project TRX900 Fireblade Quad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts