Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow, mine has managed to break while riding- dropping fuel over the engine and out of the breather tube. Probably metal fatigue. So I need to get hold a new float bowl. Does anybody know if the carb on RD03 was shared with any other Hondas (e.g Transalp) or how I can find a replacement bowl. David Silver/ ebay etc not working so far. Does anybody have spare carb they're willing to part with? Thanks for any helpful thoughts...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Somehow, mine has managed to break while riding- dropping fuel over the engine and out of the breather tube. Probably metal fatigue. So I need to get hold a new float bowl. Does anybody know if the carb on RD03 was shared with any other Hondas (e.g Transalp) or how I can find a replacement bowl. David Silver/ ebay etc not working so far. Does anybody have spare carb they're willing to part with? Thanks for any helpful thoughts...
My 1991 xrv 750 has the exact same fracture in the side of the float bowl. Also drawing a blank for parts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: So I managed to find a carb on ebay and have replaced the broken float bowl cover. Whilst in there have replaced float valves to cure excess fuel draining out of the carb breather pipes. The bike ran well for about 3 hours before I had a persistent fuelling issue between 2750 and 3750 revs. Rev counter swinging wildly and feels like fuel starvation. If you get the revs beyond 4000 it pulls cleanly with plenty of power, ditto 2k and below. I think it crackles an pops a bit more on the over run than it used to - but I can't be sure. Anybody experienced this fuelling issue? ( Prior to these issues, I replaced the Cdi units, voltage reg/rectifier and fuel pump - so not any of those, I hope).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, I saw the carbs. Some are restricted, not on my bike luckily. I think I'll try and get it welded.
T
Turned out my cracked float bowl was infact a casting mark. Just needed a new gasket. I purchased the keyster kit and have replaced the float valves and air screws. A little surprised that the replacement float valves have a smaller mesh filter. But it appears
to be running OK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts