Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rebuilding the gearbox on my '88 XRV 650.
Have been able to source parts on all but part16 - 23481-MS8-000 on fiche block E-15, Transmission.
David Silver Spares, Wemoto, CMSNL, and Canadian sources all a no go.
It's discontinued...
Any ideas?

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
I have a full RD04 box in the shed other than 3rd gear?? Yours for postage? Dunno if it will fit mind you.

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
I have a full RD04 box in the shed other than 3rd gear?? Yours for postage? Dunno if it will fit mind you.
That's the spirit, sadly though the 04 used different ratios from the 03 plus a different countershaft as well :(

I'd go with searching for the part number option as from meory the components for the 03 gearbox were used on other models.

If your totally stuck I've got a complete gearbox in bits just in case, only problem is finding which part you need. :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help gents. Trying to go new as I sourced a used part and it was in worse shape than my current and beat up gear.
I tried everything I can think of. Google does give a lot of hits, but Honda Canada used their networking and nothing...As did the US Honda folks - still nothing. I called a few of the dealers and wholesalers who showed the part on their site, but when I called they were out of stock.....ugh! So it looks like I'll be going with a rebuilt gearbox except for the 4th gear countershaft....

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Nothing in the UK/EU? I am sure that they would send to you, dmittedly at a price.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried, Wemoto, CMSNL and David Silvers....
Did not try Honda Europe though (just assumed they would not have either...)
Will see if I can give them a go

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Alan, I have an email to them in the works! Not holding out much hope though as a lot of sites I have visited show the part, however when I go to order, the part inventory is "out of Stock"...
So let's cross our fingers and thanks for your help! Odd to me that I can get every other part for the gearbox but this one.....

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
Think I found it, no wear and teeth razor sharp. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I get back on the main computer or send me a pm with your email address and I'll mail them full size so you can tell me if its what you need.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think I found it, no wear and teeth razor sharp. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I get back on the main computer or send me a pm with your email address and I'll mail them full size so you can tell me if its what you need.
Thanks Thunder! I'll PM you my email coordinates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I am a 4 weeks old owner of an Africa Twin XRV 6501988 with his first teething problem. After a trip with passenger, the drivesprocket turned freely around the shaft. The repair shop could only weld them together to get me back on the road, but they must be replaced. I found a drawing of an E-15 transmission, and the part numbers are shaft 23220-KW9-000 and sprocket 23801-MN8-000. Does anyone know where I can find the shaft? Is this a common problem of the Africa Twin? I need the parts, but if somebody can explain to me why this happened, I can take care in the future to avoid repetition.Ideas, comments, answers and solutions very welcome! By the way, I live inThailand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts