Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm looking to upgrade my rectifier, I have herd MOSFET is the best.

I know they have a model suitable for the XRV 750 but I can't find one suitable for the 650, Can anyone help?

If no MOSFET rectifier exists for the 650 witch one is recommended?

My bike is a 1989 XRV 650.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The rectifiers that fit the 750 should be fine for the 650.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they mount to diffrent parts of the bike. mine is located under the seat by the cdi's so im no sure if it will fit, it looks like the xrv750 mosfet connections are larger.

i got a Facet fuel pump for my 650 and it wouldent fit because the airbox is too close the the pump. on the 750 there is alot of room around the fuel pump.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Just mocked up for testing. I will fit a grey Furukawa QLW .250” sealed crimp connector to the stator wiring. I'm thinking about upgrading the wiring from the stator with thicker guage silicone insulated wire. I also need to make a proper loom for auxiliary circuits rather than the current mess of wires above.

The stator wiring will reach the MOSFET reg rec connector so you can fit the sealed connector eliminating the common Honda issue of the burnt three terminal stator connector.

I have wired the output of the reg/rec directly to the battery using thicker guage wiring and a Shortstop 30 self resetting circuit breaker.

Usually I fit a splash resistant MTA Maxi fuse holder,

but as the seat has to be unbolted on the RD03 I fitted the Shortstop as it's self resetting. I'm thinking of using a self resetting 30a blade style circuit breaker in the main fuse on the starter solenoid.

Wiring the regulator this way leaves the standard 6 way regulator connector on the wiring loom spare as a nice auxiliary power connector with two battery 12v+, one Ignition 12v+ and two ground terminals. Standard 6.3mm Lucas blade terminals can be used with this.

Any of the FH0##** regulators fit apart from the tall finned FH011AA from the early YZF R1
There is no way that will fit under the seat.

I've used a regulator from a BMW S1000RR. I usually buy up regs from scrapped bikes after I tried a cheap new "MOSFET" reg which was dead out of the box I just buy used Shindengen FH MOSFET reg/recs now.

I usually pick them up for £10-£40. When I buy a bike I usually change the reg/rec and I keep spares and new connectors for mates bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts