Honda XRV Forum banner

XRV 650 RD-03 Marathon - New Project

21K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Simba 
#1 ·
Hi all XRV 650 RD-03 Marathon lovers,

Owning one of the first ever build XRV 650, I am fire of the looks & potential of the Marathon bikes. From all I learned so far, it would be very difficult to get my hands on one of these rare birds. However, after some hours of discussions with my local (Thai) technician I do plan do build up my RD-03 to a Replica (as close to the real thing as possible). The good thing here in Thailand is, that the costs for work are cheap, and everything is available.

My tech is used to this sort of things, as he is doing the same thing with modern sport bikes (some very radical).

If I would have a set of genuine parts here I could have the job done within a view weeks, but I fear that this will not be possible as we don't have them anywhere in Thailand. What I would need now is good photos with as much details of the real parts. If anyone can provide details, meassurements etc. I would be happy of any assistance...!

What is easy to do here in Thailand:

1) Stickers (if I have hi-rez images of the real ones)
2) Any kind of fiberglass work
3) Rear Tank plus all fittings (if I have exact meassurements, drawings and images)
4) Water tank & Toolbox (need good quality images too)
5) All fittings if I know how they are routed/connected
6) Fiberglass tank protection (if I have the correct details)

What is not possible:

Apart of the availability of genuine parts - nothing

I am in Contact with Kitped, as I plan to buy a set of his rear panels and go from there with the tank etc. to save time.

Please let me know what you guys think

Regards

Erwin

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Kjell,
Thanks, and I have copied already everything useful from this link, as well as from the ones from Bob.
My biggest issue will be the tank, because without correct sizes this can be tough. The other point is that I have nobody here to work with alu - they cam make it from stainless, which is okay as well. My tech said that if we have at least the correct sices we can get it done without any problems.
He also said that we could generally make these sets for all AT's for a good price and offer them in full sets. He has 150 Big Bikes for rent, and has to deal with this sort of work on a daily basis (fiberglass repairs & steel repairs) because may people crash his bikes on our bad roads. As his staff has often empty times, he would be keen to do that.

The question will be from where to get the front, rear panels etc what ever it takes.

Regards

Erwin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.