Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
15/07/08 - now for sale.
Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220257806224&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

Could you please give me an advice how much should I ask for my bike as it might be for sale very soon.

Any feedback, bad or good ;) will be much appreciated.
Thank you

Honda XRV 750 RD07A Africa Twin '2000
Very much loved and cared AT (my third one already!!!).
It's clean, polished, greased and treated as it should be!!!
Obviously all service parts have been changed every year, Motul 5100 oil every 3000miles, only genuine Honda parts were used!!!
Never seen a traffic (I live next to A1 and M1), no commuting, shopping etc. - used only for touring.
The bike has been dropped (stationary) by the previous owner - there are small 2 cracks on the right hand front fairing (unnoticeable unless you'll take a very CLOSE look) .
Mileage: 10.820, garaged, full service history, all MOTs, receipts, manual, two sets of keys, other paperwork...
Extras:

- TT pannier rack
- TT crash bars
- TT headlight guard
- TT handlebar risers
- TT hand guards with spoilers
- TT handlebar bag
- TT exhausts manifold cover
- TT 12V cigarette lighter socket
- ROMATech chain guard
-
P.Hodgson "shiny" lower chain guard
- wide front foot pegs
- Hagon progressive front fork springs
- Goodridge steel brake hose
- NUVI tall screen
- stainless steel luggage plate
- s.s. REMUS GP Revolution exhaust
- P.Hodgson "shiny" exhaust guard

- 2 x TKC80s front - 2000miles, rear - 500miles)
- converted tripmaster (reads speed in km/h, very useful when travelling abroad)

In a few words: TIP-TOP

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk239/paulzamosc/XRV SALE/309405434_EzZ92-M.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk239/paulzamosc/XRV SALE/P1010711.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk239/paulzamosc/XRV SALE/P1010720.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk239/paulzamosc/XRV SALE/P1010723.jpg

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Sorry but that bike has been thrashed abroad and is the wrong colour.

I'll give you £1200 and do you a favour :D:D:D:D

It's a beauty - wish you well with the sale - just wish I could have one :(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry but that bike has been thrashed abroad and is the wrong colour.

I'll give you £1200 and do you a favour :D:D:D:D

It's a beauty - wish you well with the sale - just wish I could have one :(
Cheapskate, I'll give you £1250.75p

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
730 Posts
Pole,

PM Sent...

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Okay, looking at that has given me an itch...

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Well, without the extras, Parkers reckons on the following for a 2000/W:

Independent Dealer - £2,275
Private Good - £1,985
Private Poor - £1,520
Part Exchange - £1,705

If you are selling, now is a good time and you should hit considerably more if you bung it on eBay or Autotrader and wait for the right buyer. For comparison, There is a lower mileage '98 on MCN at the moment for £2000. There is also a 2001/Y on Autotrader for £3450 - but it has been there for a while now...

Generally you should get more by putting back to standard and selling off the extras so work out how much the extras are worth - I'm sure there will be no shortage of interest here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Private Good - £1,985
Private Poor - £1,520
Part Exchange - £1,705

If you are selling, now is a good time and you should hit considerably more if you bung it on eBay or Autotrader and wait for the right buyer. For comparison, There is a lower mileage '98 on MCN at the moment for £2000. There is also a 2001/Y on Autotrader for £3450 - but it has been there for a while now...

Generally you should get more by putting back to standard and selling off the extras so work out how much the extras are worth - I'm sure there will be no shortage of interest here.

Thanks AlanH :thumb:

I have calculated the price paid for all extras and it comes up to 1500 pounds :eek:
I would rather get closer to Autotrader price for a naked bike.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Well, just try putting it into Autotrader at whatever you want for it. Ultimately it's worth whatever someone will pay for it. I think you'll struggle to get anywhere near £3.5k for the bare bike but who knows. If you're in no hurry to sell, it's worth a punt perhaps.

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts

Private Good - £1,985
Private Poor - £1,520
Part Exchange - £1,705

watching @ prices at the moment is like watching the boom in house prices over the last few years
at some point there's going to be a crash and a lot of people are going to have a lot of negative equity in there bikes,worse still if bought on finance

bear in mind that the new price for an @ in 03/04 was £5500 and cheaper still if an import

:profileright:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The bike looks good, so I'll pitch in at £2500 without the unfeasibly large luggage boxes.
Interested?

Thanks for your offer mate but I have to say "no".
I'm not prepared to sell this bike, even without the bits, for less than 3k.

·
crazy fool
65 Posts
Hello Pole,

What are you looking for to replace the AT.

Everybody out there, I have been in the company of this bike and it is the AT you allways wanted....top bike...

Alasdair..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts