Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I own an old 92 RD04. Recently the Tripmaster has stopped keeping memory, or, when the ignition is turned off for a minute or so, then turned back on again, the clock needs reset.
I have checked the wiring and is getting a battery positive to the trip master, along with an earth and an ignition positive. I have seen a few threads about capacitors etc. Can anyone recommend a drawing or repair procedure, and which capacitors to change etc.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I had one repaired by him, good communications and guarantee of work done plus fairly fast turn round

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone
I own an old 92 RD04. Recently the Tripmaster has stopped keeping memory, or, when the ignition is turned off for a minute or so, then turned back on again, the clock needs reset.
I have checked the wiring and is getting a battery positive to the trip master, along with an earth and an ignition positive. I have seen a few threads about capacitors etc. Can anyone recommend a drawing or repair procedure, and which capacitors to change etc.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
just "new" Afrika 98 owner. beeing electronics engineer I also decided to fix my tripmaster. It had broken buttons cover so my first action was- open, clean it with pure alcohol, and .. it started to work, but unfortunatelly- got same problem- not keeping data memory. Soooo..... used more alcohol to clean UNDER the reset button. My guess for your case would be- just clean it first- looks like those buttons are intended to make a circuit even if they are not pressed. Hope that could help. And yes... if your silicone covers for the buttons are broken- here it is where you can get them- just few minutes ago called to the guy in Austria- he is sending them to me soon. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts