Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
God Botherer
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, longshot i know but does anyone have or know of an XRV 750 for sale. Don't want a minter but actually want a rusty old thing for a project. Happy to completely strip and rebuild but needs to be largely intact.

Ideally a RWB

Cash waiting

Thanks y'all

R

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,025 Posts
Where are you in the UK? I have a complete rusty old 2000 model, not run for about 9 years so would need collecting, reason for not riding it was the generator failed and it was easier to get another bike than fix it at the time, I'd already replaced the regulator with a new one but found the trouble was with the generator. Got Ricor inserts in the forks, the trip meter has the mph/kph extra function, Facet fuel pump, blanked off choke valves. Fork leg shrouds are not on the bike in the pictures, but I have got them. Same with the rack that is missing in the picture, got that too. Handlebars are Renthal Enduro High, Touratech hand guards I think.

Had the output shaft bearing replaced at 50,000 miles, the shaft is still fine at 100,000 miles, so the engine rebuild must have been okay as the whole thing has to come apart to get to it.

I'm after £550 for the bike.

I also have other stuff like another bash plate, spare seat, a second set of plastics (black as well), new choke cables, new clutch cable, a spare set of wheels that have horrible rims but good hubs and stainless spokes, spare trip meter (mph only), spare CDI, brake calipers, master cylinders, levers, all from my previous 2000 model bike, all grubby but working. These would be for sale separately, I reckon £200 (see below) for all of those if you had the bike as well.

Edit, make that £250 for the spares if bought with the bike, just remembered also got a spare swing arm with linkages and a linkage bearing replacement kit for it.

Reactions: 650 Fred

·
God Botherer
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you in the UK? I have a complete rusty old 2000 model, not run for about 9 years so would need collecting, reason for not riding it was the generator failed and it was easier to get another bike than fix it at the time, I'd already replaced the regulator with a new one but found the trouble was with the generator. Got Ricor inserts in the forks, the trip meter has the mph/kph extra function, Facet fuel pump, blanked off choke valves. Fork leg shrouds are not on the bike in the pictures, but I have got them. Same with the rack that is missing in the picture, got that too. Handlebars are Renthal Enduro High, Touratech hand guards I think.

Had the output shaft bearing replaced at 50,000 miles, the shaft is still fine at 100,000 miles, so the engine rebuild must have been okay as the whole thing has to come apart to get to it.

I'm after £550 for the bike.

I also have other stuff like another bash plate, spare seat, a second set of plastics (black as well), new choke cables, new clutch cable, a spare set of wheels that have horrible rims but good hubs and stainless spokes, spare trip meter (mph only), spare CDI, brake calipers, master cylinders, levers, all from my previous 2000 model bike, all grubby but working. These would be for sale separately, I reckon £200 (see below) for all of those if you had the bike as well.

Edit, make that £250 for the spares if bought with the bike, just remembered also got a spare swing arm with linkages and a linkage bearing replacement kit for it.

Yen
Very interested, even if it is black.
I think you're in Essex somewhere so not too far.

So, £550 for the bike and £250 for spares - £800 all in? Any movement on that? Say £600?

Would collect once Covid lockdown is over

Thanks

Robin
07905 861720

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,025 Posts
Yen
Very interested, even if it is black.
I think you're in Essex somewhere so not too far.

So, £550 for the bike and £250 for spares - £800 all in? Any movement on that? Say £600?

Would collect once Covid lockdown is over

Thanks

Robin
07905 861720
£700 and you've got a deal.

Yen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts