Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 1980 750 XRV Africa Twin. Have seen different styles of crash bars, also fixing points. Open to suggestions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I PM'd you a few pics. Sorry I'm not at the bike so I cant take some good ones.

As you can see they cover the entire front fairing and meet in the middle just under the lights.
I really recommend them. They are great value and fantastic quality. I got the crash bars, pannier rack and panniers for 840eur. 120 for shipping. (I order a few extras off him too.)

Aidan

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
hear you go Tim click on the link and select your bike Heavy Duties I am very proud of my crash bars I got for my transalp 600 they are the strongest and most affordable lots of very happy customers on hear so you can buy in confidence .very easy to remove one if need be to work on the bike too . reply's to emails might take a few days but he will get there in the end . I got a lovely sticker in the parcel too good bloke to deal with Alex :thumbright:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Bike is a 1980 750 XRV Africa Twin. Have seen different styles of crash bars, also fixing points. Open to suggestions.

You have the earliest Africa Twin on earth!!!

Check your model year again (it's on the VIN plate by your right foot)

In my opinion, the Rugged Roads bars are the best. I've had SW Motech ones mainly in the past, but the RR have extra protection.

I'd avoid any that bolt to the footpeg mounting bolt, purely because they could break your ankle if you get your leg trapped under the bike. I much prefer the rearward mount to be secured by the rear engine mount bolt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. Have looked at their web site and the crash bars for my RD04 are only 90 euros. That seems cheap ? They are also just like Rugged Road's crash bars which are about £140.00 ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Bob.
Did look at Rugged Road bars, look very good. The link Alias gave me to ' Heavy Duties ' look just the same as Rugged Roads, but alot cheaper.
My Twin may be an old 1980 but is in pristine condition, like I keep all my bikes in. I bought it in Cape Town in 1998 and had it there until last year when I shipped it back here. Only got done 36K as I only used it for 5 weeks every year.
I do need a MPH dial for it and cannot find one anywhere. I know legally it has to be behind the sweep arm so non of these that stick on top of the glass are any good.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Hi Bob.
Did look at Rugged Road bars, look very good. The link Alias gave me to ' Heavy Duties ' look just the same as Rugged Roads, but alot cheaper.
My Twin may be an old 1980 but is in pristine condition, like I keep all my bikes in. I bought it in Cape Town in 1998 and had it there until last year when I shipped it back here. Only got done 36K as I only used it for 5 weeks every year.
I do need a MPH dial for it and cannot find one anywhere. I know legally it has to be behind the sweep arm so non of these that stick on top of the glass are any good.
I think you'll find it's probably a 1990+ bike!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the info. Have looked at their web site and the crash bars for my RD04 are only 90 euros. That seems cheap ? They are also just like Rugged Road's crash bars which are about £140.00 ?
They are amazing value. I cannot recommend them enough for only 90eur. However there is about 20eur vat added then shipping on top of that but still extremely cheap for what you get

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any pics on how do they attach on front? Don't see that on HD site

Sent from my HomTom HT3 using Tapatalk
This is how they are connected.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Its hard to explain but there is a textured cylinder with tampered ends. you insert it during assembly then turning a Allen key (which is hidden), it pushes the two halves apart wedging the connecting cylinder in place. its supper sturdy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tim: Hello. If you are still shopping or deciding on a set of crash bars, I suggest looking at Rugged Roads. More information at:
Africa Twin - Rugged Roads Crashbars –RD03/RD04 – WHITE - Rugged Roads

Also, the extra horizontal bars provide additional support and protection for any cargo/tool bags you may mount on the crash bars. I had my Rugged Roads crash bars altered to mount two Rotopax containers for additional water or fuel. I have seen others with military bags mounted in the same area. Good luck. (I'll try to post an image later.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts