Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a really stupid problem with Outlook (in Office 2007 suite) which I hope someone can help with??

Simples really.

I can't get it to automatically add email addresses I respond to, into my address book.

There's gotta be a silly tick box or summin somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me!!

Help!!

William Gates :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B U M ! !

What utter crap!

Dabbled with other email applications in the past like Lotus Notes (Hated it!) and Thunderbird (Liked it) and obviously Outlook Express (which added to contact no probs!)

Oh well, a re-think is needed then, as I'm just setting up my replacement laptop, and just spent ages writing all the rules for different folders and different email addresses, only to find it can't do this one silly thing!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So I've got to manually add every email address I want to keep?? Just seems so backward!!

:mad:

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
here's what it says for adding details

Add a contact from a message that you receive

1. Open or preview the message that contains the name that you want to add to your contacts.
  2. Right-click the name of the sender who you want to make into a contact, and then click Add to Contacts on the shortcut menu.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Notes does it automatically for sent and received :thumbright:

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Imagine if you replied to emails from Play, Ebay, Tesco yadda yadda, do you really want all those adding to your address book?

Outlook 2007 is very sweet and goes nicely with Windows 7.

I work in IT support and whilst strictly not a Windows basher, if something is good I'll say so.

As mentioned above, right clicking the address in the open email and adding to contacts seems quite straight forward to me.

I don't know if it still applies, but watch out if you have too many rules, it used to slow Outlook down.

If you really want a pain, think about tappets on a Varadero, you need to remove the camshafts to adjust... Glad I've got a Transalp:D

Good luck

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Mmm, the next time I want toast, I'll use a toaster (Live), or I could use my cooker (Outlook) as it has a lot more features I also use from time to time:D
Stop bashing Outlook, it does a lot of other things.
Jeesh you guys, you should all ride singles with a standard carb, points, a speedo only, no indicators, no side stand , no main stand and no seat. that way you can have something that just does the job:rolleyes:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Yep, outlook is great at what it does, in this case it just doesn't do it...

Personally I use thunderbird purely as it's free ;)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news if you have kids, go to:
www.software4students.co.uk

You can buy Office 2007 complete for 30 odd quid.

Home use obviously:thumbup:

John

Used them twice recently. My surrorgate daughter who is at Uni in Sheffield bought Windows7 and Office 2007 for me to put on her new laptop, which she is letting me use until she comes home :rolleyes:

William Gates :thumbup:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
hang on..........

you have a daughter at uni.............:D:D:D:D:D:D

kept that quiet.......
(cant think why)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hang on..........

you have a daughter at uni.............:D:D:D:D:D:D

kept that quiet.......
(cant think why)

Would I lie to you? :rolleyes:

That is a picture of my daughter "Tatiana Smith" in my avatar.

You're SUCH a disbeliever!

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts