Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The whole bunkhouse (18 beds);

http://www.gibbshillfarm.co.uk/bunkhouses.htm

is booked with bedding for the Thursday the 19th prior to the weekend for those that want to have a slightly more leisurely ride oop north on the Friday.

It also gives us a chance to have a chin wag and a beer without eating into the ride 'proper' sleep and energy reserves. I suspect Friday night will have to be a rather well behaved affair (maybe?!?!:D) if suffering unduly is not on the agenda!

You can take along or get before you land any breakfast and pack up tackle you like as it is set up for self catering or just have it all done for you for not a great deal of money. Speak to Valerie but she will need to know a few days in advance so she can deal with numbers.

Costs:

Bunkhouse (with bedding) £150 (£200)
Cost per person £15

I require 10 people at £15 to pay for the bunkhouse not including bedding
........or 12 people at £15 to pay for the bunkhouse including bedding.(expensive bed for me otherwise!! :D)

If the bunkhouse is filled it will cost each person £11 (inc bedding) with the remaining £4 going in the charity pot.

I will be taking the scenic diversion to the bunkhouse from Darlington (or a convenient spot slightly further south along the A1:D) in the afternoon. I have already proposed a nice little afternoon jolly in my stomping ground for any that have already done enough motorway and want to unwind for a couple of hours.

Just so you know who you are...... here is a list of people that have coughed up (£15) and definately have a bed! ;):D

1 Mr NiceGuy.
2 Whealie.
3 Chad.
4 ME! :D .
5 Steve C
6 MacP.
7 Sean.
8 Paul-S.

Send me a pm to sort a bed.

They also had a couple of rooms left in the B&B at the farm last time I spoke to them.

I will update this over time with other details and additional local B&Bs on request, and leave a date.. (25/01/08)

TTFN!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
The whole bunkhouse (18 beds);

http://www.gibbshillfarm.co.uk/bunkhouses.htm

is booked with bedding for the Thursday the 19th prior to the weekend for those that want to have a slightly more leisurely ride oop north on the Friday.

It also gives us a chance to have a chin wag and a beer without eating into the ride 'proper' sleep and energy reserves. I suspect Friday night will have to be a rather well behaved affair (maybe?!?!:D) if suffering unduly is not on the agenda!

You can take along or get before you land any breakfast and pack up tackle you like as it is set up for self catering or just have it all done for you for not a great deal of money. Speak to Valerie but she will need to know a few days in advance so she can deal with numbers.

Costs:

Bunkhouse (with bedding) £150 (£200)
Cost per person £15

I require 10 people at £15 to pay for the bunkhouse not including bedding
........or 12 people at £15 to pay for the bunkhouse including bedding.(expensive bed for me otherwise!! :D)

If the bunkhouse is filled it will cost each person £11 (inc bedding) with the remaining £4 going in the charity pot.

I will be taking the scenic diversion to the bunkhouse from Darlington (or a convenient spot slightly further south along the A1:D) in the afternoon. I have already proposed a nice little afternoon jolly in my stomping ground for any that have already done enough motorway and want to unwind for a couple of hours.

Just so you know who you are...... here is a list of people that have coughed up (£15) and definately have a bed! ;):D

1 Mr NiceGuy
2 Whealie
3 Chad
4 ME! :D

Send me a pm to sort a bed.

They also had a couple of rooms left in the B&B at the farm last time I spoke to them.

I will update this over time with other details and additional local B&Bs on request, and leave a date.. (here!)

TTFN!
proper dude reet proper:salute::salute::salute::salute:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bunkhouse is here

Sorry for any confusion folks!:(:thumbleft:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Places filling up. :thumb:

Roll up!....roll up!....

Come and get your bunkhouse bed for the night!

Come and talk some swill with a bottle of swill on the veranda!! :eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5:

Roll up!....roll up!....

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Just noticed they got B&B as well:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I know ,i know i am a bit slow.Just send a inquire of for B&B for the 19th:D:D:D
So after all this we might be able to have a drink together after all:cool::cool::cool:

·
17,680 Posts
Just noticed they got B&B as well:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I know ,i know i am a bit slow.Just send a inquire of for B&B for the 19th:D:D:D
So after all this we might be able to have a drink together after all:cool::cool::cool:
:D:D:D:DATTA BOY:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Stormforce8 and I are booked into the B&B.

I know it's twice the price of the bunkhouse..................I can't tell you how difficult the decision was: warm and comfy tucked up next to my beloved - or...........................................:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Ok, I'm not able to make this event.:(

I've just got my leave dates for this year from work and it lands on my duty weekend. As this is smack in the middle of our busiest leave period the chances of me swapping with someone are extremely slim.:mad::mad:.

The only hope I have is that I can do a "Deal" with another member of staff nearer the time.

Hope you all have a great time.
Many apologies

Stan.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Ok, I'm not able to make this event.:(

I've just got my leave dates for this year from work and it lands on my duty weekend. As this is smack in the middle of our busiest leave period the chances of me swapping with someone are extremely slim.:mad::mad:.

The only hope I have is that I can do a "Deal" with another member of staff nearer the time.

Hope you all have a great time.
Many apologies

Stan.
Bummer mate :( Hopefully you can get something sorted.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Ok we are booked into the B&B as well:D:D:D
As deb found out during a casual chat to the lady there,the nearest pub is 1 1/2 miles away.Just in case we would be interested they could organize Mini cabs to get us there and home
But i am sure we would not want to go to a PUB,would we??:D:D:D
Oh and lands end is paid as well.With "Partial" sea views:confused::confused::confused::confused:(only at high tide,only if you lean out of the window so far that you partner got to hold you by your boots???)Why does Faulty towers spring to mind?????:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
oh and she said there is just one other couple in the B&B and not in the bunk.Wonder who that is????:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Just think LV, we'll have a hearty breakfast cooked for us..........while the bunkhouse inmates drool through the window:p:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Just think LV, we'll have a hearty breakfast cooked for us..........while the bunkhouse inmates drool through the window:p:p:p:p
Yep cool eh
I ask already,she said we can pull the curtains closed if we get sick and tired of all the "flat noses":D:D:D

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snobery will get you nowhere!! :D

If you behave we might let you join us for a beer on the veranda..........or we might just let your tyres down! ;)

A tractor has been stripped and rebuilt in a reception over night....don't suppose a bike will be a problem.....especially if chad has any tools with him!! :eek::D:D

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
A beer on the veranda......................I thought there'd be at least a black tie cocktail party:thumbright:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Might be a little suprise for folk if I pull my finger out!! :( ;) :D

·
17,680 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.