Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2010, D-Day (6th June) falls on a Sunday. Not only that, it's at the end of a week containing a Bank Holiday Monday (and therefore, maybe half-term).

In 2008, we held an XRV camping long weekend at my place in Normandy. There were just over 20 people there, which is about the maximum we can take without hiring in toilets and showers.

Who would be interested in doing something similar in 2010?

I'm thinking that most people would cross the Channel over the Bank Holiday weekend and stay until the following Sunday or perhaps Monday. If you don't have the holiday/time, you could always come over mid-week.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Ding!

I'll be the first to reserve a nice room for two please :D

Hopefully, we'll get the same galley slave and charwallah we used last time, as he was quite good and worked for peanuts!

Thanking you, and looking forward to it already.

Bob :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Nope not going to make this one as it is to close to our germany trip:(:(

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope not going to make this one as it is to close to our germany trip:(:(
Hopefully there will be more trips next year too.

(Let me know when you're planning something so I can make sure I plan something for the same weekend!)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I would love to do this!! Sounds like a great idea....so provisionally yes pls but will not know until much later in the new year if ok

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Ever the optimist;)

Me, Mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters. She's a sure thing!!!

(I'm not being crude, merely quoting the lines of a sonnet by Ivor Biggun)

(((LINK REMOVED AS I WAS YELLOW CARDED!!!)))

Now, where's my Davey Crocket hat!!!???

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Posh Bird
562 Posts
Sounds great and I'd love to come, a weekend was not long enough when we went
but I never know what I'm up to that far in advance
so put me on the provisional list too... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Half term runs from 29th May to 6th June with the bank holiday on Monday 31st May.

Put me down please + a bed!

Thanks

:sunny:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Me, Mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters. She's a sure thing!!!

(I'm not being crude, merely quoting the lines of a sonnet by Ivor Biggun)

YouTube - I'm A ****er (Ivor Biggun)

Now, where's my Davey Crocket hat!!!???

:thumbup::thumbup:
I suspect that may actually be in my vinyl collection somewhere. I certainly have Wayne County and the Electric Chairs singing If you don't want to **** me, baby, then baby, **** off.

((LINK REMOVED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT!!))

Jeezers, everything is on youtube these days.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks, I'm interested. Is there any trial riding to be had around your neck of the woods?

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Ever since my two read Caitlins epic adventure all Ive had is nagging about why I dont do exciting stuff like that on the bike with them. Thanks Sharrie :rolleyes: :D

So, myself and daughter number 1 or daughter number 2 are possibles at this stage, but we would only be able to go over for the first weekend, then back by the wednesday if we can make it.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I'm interested. Is there any trial riding to be had around your neck of the woods?
Miles and miles (or kilometres) of it. Not particularly challenging, though. Apart from in Suisse Normande, but I don't know many trails that way.

In France, as you probably know, pretty much all trails are legal to ride on so just head down any that take your fancy.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So, myself and daughter number 1 or daughter number 2 are possibles at this stage, but we would only be able to go over for the first weekend, then back by the wednesday if we can make it.
That's fine. I'm sure someone else will want to come along for the second weekend which will work out nicely.

I wouldn't fancy being in your shoes, having to pick which one you take!

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
That's fine. I'm sure someone else will want to come along for the second weekend which will work out nicely.

I wouldn't fancy being in your shoes, having to pick which one you take!
count me in for this one seeing as couldnt do the last one!!!!!!

Tom, if you want I'm happy to take one of your daughters pillion if they both want to come. - I will behave myself, no wheelies etc:confused::confused:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Yeah, well seeing as she was right beside me when you posted that, and has now told her mother shes going to France with sean, ''you know mum, that man I told you about that did the wheelies as soon as the policeman turned around,'' I'd say that's a definate then. :D She's nine, and she thinks youre sooooooooooooo cool :rolleyes::D

Her mother, on the other hand, takes a slightly different view of your road antics :D:D:D

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
She's nine, and she thinks youre sooooooooooooo cool :rolleyes::D

Her mother, on the other hand, takes a slightly different view of your road antics :D:D:D
your daughter would be right, obviously.......

your wife,.... well, she's never met me! she will come around to the Mckeeman charm - she's only human...... lol:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi, wouldn't mind accompanying you guys on this trip - certainly sounded like fun last time. Can I bag a provisional place please........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Miles and miles (or kilometres) of it. Not particularly challenging, though]
Not particularly challenging works for me! Especially when I'm on a 22 year old bike (and it's less than half my age!!)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts