Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Peeps

We discussed this in previous threads and also at the Welsh Invasion

Best proposed date for this will be in May (11th is the only date I can make it too) as looking at one of the websites the trains will not be starting till then and the visitor centre and cafe will open too. I will check to confirm this but it's still early

Going up in May is still late enough in the early season to get clearer weather and good views

It will also give people time to train for this - it's only 9 weeks away

Below is some information about the walk and also a link to a youtube flythrough of the route up (the half way cafe is 1m56s in - after this it starts to get a bit steeper)

Walking up Mount Snowdon

Llanberis Path - Ascending Snowdon (aerial fly-through) - YouTube

There are various hotels and B&Bs in the area and also some campsites at Llyn Gwynant (we had the 2011 National there) and also Snowdon Park

I've also found this one close to where we will start and finish - also looks like they have bunkhouse and other accomodation

Camping In Llanberis - Mountain Farm Campsite in Llanberis, Snowdonia.

Anyone wanting to join in please let me know and I'll update this thread with a list

As a start time we could all meet up in the carpark opposite the station at 9.00 ish to aim to set off at 10.00 am. This will get us to the top for 1.00pm to 1.30ish, spend some time at the top, take pictures etc, have a drink if the cafe's open. Descending will take 2-3hrs safely

The train up takes 40mins? to 1hr - not sure on this but if you want to do this you have 20-30 mins at the top and then you have to get the train back down or walk so anyone wanting to train it up a late morning lunchtime train should get us all up there at a similar time

Please read up on the weather and kit list warnings on what to take - weather conditions on the mountain can be very different at the top than they may be halfway up or at the bottom

Basics to have in a rucksack and wear

Walking boots
Poles (optional)
Waterproof jacket and pants
Hat
Gloves
Base layers
Mid layer
Water / hydration salts
Energy bars
Flask of something hot
Blister packs
Some cash if the cafe's are open

See you all there soon

LISTING

Me
Hudders
John-V-(Alan's Brother)
Paul - V (Alan's other brother)
Scott -V
Jamie -V

Sponsor form

View attachment sponsor form MS Trust 4.doc

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep cool, we both be there :thumbup:

p.s. whats training? A type of welsh lager I hope:toothy10:
Just PMd you and you not subscribed and just tried to call your mobile but I must have an old one

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Paul,
As discussed cannot make the 11th May as I'm on a Car Rally, so will have to be conspicous by my absence on this one.
Speak soon, I'll pop across one night this week as I've got my Welsh Invasion pic disc for you, any night from Wed onwards.
I'm on nights Mon & Tues,

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Cannot do that date, unfortunately.

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Hey up Paul,
I really wanted to come do this with ya but I'm on nights and trying to get someone to do em for me is like trying to sell em a dose of the Pox!
Have a great day all that are taking part.
Yours green with envy.:happy2:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never mind Tez

Mods - can we sticky this thread please?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Come on Peeps

Any more takers?

There's still time to get in shape

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm up for that. Just been in touch with both of Alan's sons. They should be there too. My older brother will be using the train! My daughter may well come along too.

Many thanks for organising! Now, where are those blister plasters? ;)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts