Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

i am looking for feedback and information from anyone who has fitted the Ignitech DC CDI P2 replacement CDI unit to their Xrv650
Was it plug and play or do you have to program it
Do you need to purchase anything else from them to fit it or is everything included.

thanks
Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fitted one recently ( last April) and it’s a simply plug and play system, fits neatly under the seat and takes up less space then the two original CDI’s. Seems to be a quality product and I’m delighted with mine so far 👍

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've fitted the CDI Shop programmable CDI's with a slight modification to the loom. I changed from the stock 91 RON to the 95 RON map they came with, and my hesitant 5-5.5k rpm misfire I had with the bikes original CDI's has gone.

They also sell a non programmable version which is a little cheaper and can be changed from 91 RON to 95 RON by just moving a jumper pin.

Product Font Material property Rectangle Electric blue

I ungrounded the pulse coils and wiring them directly to the ground terminals of the 4 pin connectors moving the ground wires to the two pin connectors removing the green/yellow wires disabling the side stand cutout so I didn't have to cut the yellow loop on the CDI's.

Electrical wiring Sports equipment Auto part Wire Cable

Product Schematic Font Rectangle Material property

I modified a Transalp CDI holder so I could fit them lower, to prevent the seat pushing against the connectors which causes them to fail, the holder also has a handy space for a spare fuel pump cut off relay.

Electrical wiring Gas Motor vehicle Cable Auto part

I also fitted a Shindengen FH009AA MOSFET regulator rectifier from a Triumph Rocket 3 with sealed Furukawa connectors and upgraded output wires connected directly to the battery though a 30A ShortStop self reseting circuit breaker. this eliminates the burnt stator connector issue and the poor SCR reg/rec issue and also leaves a handy 5 terminal connector near the rear brake fliud reservoir with two 12v + battery terminals, one 12v+ ignition terminal and a pair of ground terminals which are handy for adding a sub-loom with a fuse box for things such as battery charger or a DIN power socket and things like heated grips and navigation ect.

Attachments

Reactions: ShaunDW

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the information and pictures
i looked at their website and they do look more stock than the Ignitech which is appealing however they are also almost twice the price as you need to buy 2 boxes.
Both appear to have similar claims when running with more modern fuels.

like the idea on the R/R and gaining the connector always handy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts