Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just applying for a V5 and SORN on the RD03 as I didn't get one with the bike, checked online with the DVLA and its registered as a Honda Unknown Multi-Coloured.
As they are all imported do any have the right model on the V5?, or is it because mines from Japan?
Any idea if I can get this changed?
I've put XRV650 RD-03 Africa Twin for the model on the V62 form to apply for a new V5
XRVDVLA.png
hondaunknowndvla.png

·
Registered
43 Posts
That page is just pulling details from the v5, when you apply for the v5 and fill in the form it asks you about the bike. If you didn’t put XRV 650 in the correct box it won’t get printed on the v5 or come through on any .gov pages.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is just what comes up when I type in my reg.
I don't have a V5, I need to send off the V62 and V890 to apply for a V5 and to register the bike as SORN.

I was wondering what model description and colour XRV-650 RD-03 owners had on their Log book.

According to howmanyleft there is only one "Honda Unknown" registered between 1999 when it was imported to 2003 when its SORN status must have expired.
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honda_unknown_model

Searching for XRV650 or Africa twin or RD03 shows no early models

If you search for Honda XRV it only lists 750's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is what my V5 looks like: FC345637-7A06-4E99-9DF6-5AD445C814AF.jpg

Not I remember correctly that howmanyleft site doesn’t show vehicles if they never got over a certain peak (so if 1000 of a car was made and now there is only one it shows, but if you built just one car it wouldn’t)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, so mine will probably be similar. I jst read that if a Manufacturer doesn't sell a UK Version of an import, the DVLA leave the model details blank. So that's why mine is "unknown"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interesting, I searched the MOT history of mine and got this, can’t remember it I knew about it or not when registering. Either way I won’t be bothering the DVLA about it.
65D83987-6881-4A7D-8C30-EF9F858E037C.jpg 65D83987-6881-4A7D-8C30-EF9F858E037C.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is what my V5 looks like: View attachment 133082

Not I remember correctly that howmanyleft site doesn’t show vehicles if they never got over a certain peak (so if 1000 of a car was made and now there is only one it shows, but if you built just one car it wouldn’t)
My V5 looked like this when I imported it to the US. It did have 220 kg UNLADEN for weight, 42 for max. net power and 0.19 for power/weight ratio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts