Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know the sizes of the bearings in the suspension linkage of the XRV650 ?
I have the swing-arm bearings (via wemoto). Just need the sizes before I pull the swingarm and linkage apart.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just bough all seven linkage bearings (17.5x24.5x22) for grand total of £56.48, conciderably less than Honda price, even wemoto were charging about £20 for each bearing !! Get them at www.bikebearings.co.uk . Really easy site to order from.
Seems these are also same size as fitted to XRV750 RDO4.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Seems these are also same size as fitted to XRV750.
The 750 bearings are not all the same size like the 650 ones. I seem to remember the RD04 and RD07 ones are different too. It's all on the fiches.

That www.bikebearings.co.uk site is superb. The other main supplier of bearings online just told me it wasn't possible to get these odd sized ones. Mark phoned through to suppliers in the US to track them down. Obviously he's now bought in some stock. I did say I'd be sending more XRV peeps his way :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about the RD07 but the RDO4 share same bearing sizes as the 650.
I think I was once quoted about £30 each for the bearings from Honda, so at £6.48 each I think bikebearings are doing pretty good..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you are correct, the RD07 bearings are different to the RD04/RD03.
I have amended the previous post.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Not sure about the RD07 but the RDO4 share same bearing sizes as the 650.
Trust me on this - I rebuilt an RD04 linkage and I can categorically say the fiche is correct.

Most of them are the same. On the RD03, all 7 drawn cup needle bearings are the same size. On the RD04, 6 are the same size (17.5x24.5x22 same as the RD03) but one is different - the one that the shock mounts to. I can't remember what size it is but I did post it on my write-up of the linkage rebuild.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts