Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Peeps - I'm selling my Africa Twin as she's not getting out and about enough these days - lovely example, genuine low miles and loads of extras.

Comes with:

Tank cover
Tank Bag
Givi Hard Luggage
Road legal race can + original
Heidenau Scout off road tyres + a set of road tyres
Touring screen + original
Scot oiler
Upgraded front brake with braided hoses
Centre stand

Wheels recently rebuilt with stainless spokes + powder coated. Fairing has a couple of hairline vibration splits around the top and the trip meter is haphazard, but aren't they all. Otherwise, bike is in excellent condition.

New MOT, passed with no advisories. Did a deep service, clearances etc. less than 300 miles ago. That was just under a grand spent, I went over her completely, even stripped the wheels and brakes, cleaned them, renewed both discs and new pads. Extensive folder of history.

ONLY 17500 miles. Lovely bike, never failed to make me smile whenever i go out. Open to offers, PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stunning. I didn't know the farings could split like that :'(
Yeah - age related, vibrations I guess. I have reinforced with a mesh and bonding behind to stop it spreading further and had planned to replace the top part of the plastics this coming summer. They can be picked up blank white for about a hundred quid I seem to remember from when I looked about.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My 50,000 miles RD07a doesn't have a cracked cowl. I have three cowls and not one has such cracking.

Looking at the bent brake lever, the repaint headlamp supports and the non-original handle weights, plus the cracked cowl, could this be the result of an accident? Is mileage documented?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My 50,000 miles RD07a doesn't have a cracked cowl. I have three cowls and not one has such cracking.

Looking at the bent brake lever, the repaint headlamp supports and the non-original handle weights, plus the cracked cowl, could this be the result of an accident? Is mileage documented?
No the bike has not been in an accident - though last summer I lost the balance when taking out of a van and she went over onto one side - quite a weight on one arm and couldnt save it! Fairing was cracked before then though.

The headlight supports have never been repainted, or at least not in the 4 or five years I have had it.

And yes, well spotted- as mentioned, the front brake is not standard. The reservoir and the lever are off a CBR 600 as this upgrade delivers a much improved force to the front brake. Personally, I found the original to be quite inefficient so opted for this as a mod. Of course, should the new owner prefer a slower and more spongey response from their front brake, they could always revert to the original :p

Oh, and yes. There are at least 10 previous MOT's to validate the mileage. And a folder of service history. Of course, should you or anybody else be genuinely interested, a viewing and a perusal of both bike and history would be sensible.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey BigP

Have you noticed that the support for the two headlamps has been painted silver? Isn't it supposed to be black? You've had the bike for 4 or 5 years, but it is 19 years old. Lots of history you might not know... And some bikes get a new virginity when changing ownership. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey BigP

Have you noticed that the support for the two headlamps has been painted silver? Isn't it supposed to be black? You've had the bike for 4 or 5 years, but it is 19 years old. Lots of history you might not know... And some bikes get a new virginity when changing ownership. ;)
ah well, it's white actually, not silver. And there's any number of reasons why that might be white and not black. I have no doubt in the condition of this bike, nor the truth of the mileage. Nor what has been spent on it even in my ownership. And this will be easily apparent to anybody that makes the effort to come and view it.

But for peace of mind, I'll dig out the history any post some images of what paper background comes with this bike, should you be in genuine doubt. I'm pretty sure you'll find that the MOT's, for example, don't jump from 45k back to 14k, which is what I bought it with.

Now sir, any other doubts you want to share:joker:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
You spent on new spokes, rims & powedecoated hubs but fitted the disc with red rust bolts along with the chain adjusters.
Lots of non standard parts, corroded stuff, cracked fairing....
I don't see it as a 4k bike but good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You spent on new spokes, rims & powedecoated hubs but fitted the disc with red rust bolts along with the chain adjusters.
Lots of non standard parts, corroded stuff, cracked fairing....
I don't see it as a 4k bike but good luck.
thanks for your interest. Not really that much non standard stuff, front brake, screen and end can, the originals of which all come with the bike. A cracked top plastic is a 100 quid to change...and this bike has been used in the 18 years since manufacture.

But you are definitely right - A price on anything you buy is always an agreement of the value of an object between two interested parties.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SFX wheels refurb???

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wondering why the front cowl is ill fitting. Broken tabs? Looks like it is missing a piece of plastic at the front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts