Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is considering selling their AT, please PM me! I have a europe tour planned for April and would prefer an AT over other makes/models. I am not looking for something in mint condition, just well kept! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If anyone is considering selling their AT, please PM me! I have a europe tour planned for April and would prefer an AT over other makes/models. I am not looking for something in mint condition, just well kept! Cheers!
There are a few good and cheap ones on Leboncoin.fr at 1800 Euros... Even though the bubble is still there.
Just bought a 1996 RD07a w/ 45,000km, Remus muffler, like-new Anakee 3 for 1600 Euros. Gonna ride Spain, North-Africa, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Armenia starting in April... I'll be gone for 2 to 3 months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. If I had longer, I would certainly explore France/Germany and importing a bike, but too late for that! Your trip sounds great, and it sounds like you got a steal! Safe travels

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome Alby

There are a few for sale on e-blag and autotrader

·
Beer monster.
227 Posts
I'm sort of thinking of selling mine, it's hardly turned a wheel since last years MOT as I've now got the Tiger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should add that I am an Aussie visiting the UK for the bike trip (....which helps to explain why I have left buying a bike to the last minute!).

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I should add that I am an Aussie visiting the UK for the bike trip (....which helps to explain why I have left buying a bike to the last minute!).
ah, ah, ah. And I am a Canadian who bought an RD07 in France to ride North Africa and the Middle East. Also, I found that ATs are more expensive in the UK and often rusted. Hopefully, you will find a good AT in the UK at a decent price.

Lee

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Alby, whereabouts are you? You've got your location listed as Stanley, which is about 292 miles from me!

Are you looking for a bike to jump on and ride, or are you prepared to do a bit of work/preparation?

I've got an RD07a that I was intending to sell in time for summer, however it has been a nut and bolt rebuild, and is not completely re-assembled yet. Frame has been powder coated, engine repInted, new wheels and tyres, arrow exhaust, new disks, crash bars, etc etc etc. It's a rolling driving bike, with brakes and cooling system requiring fitting, and a little bit of fiddling, but I rarely get the time to work on it, and I have nowhere dry to work, so if it's raining it doesn't get done!!

It might be more than you want to take on, but it would give you an opportunity to learn a bit about the bike before you set off. I'm located on the south coast in Seaford, if you wanted to come and have a look.

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
If the OP is not, I may be interested in an AT-shaped puzzle that needs put together (if economical enough) :)
I sent a PM... please let us know your thoughts...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
If the OP is not, I may be interested in an AT-shaped puzzle that needs put together (if economical enough) :)
I sent a PM... please let us know your thoughts...

Hello Abraxas

Sorry, I did reply to your PM, so not sure why you didn't get it.

Having noted your location, I'm not 100% sure the paint job on the bike will appeal to you!!! :lol: :toothy10:

A few pics attached though...

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am selling mine. It's on Autotrader at the moment. I have frames for luggage which you could also buy. It starts on the nail and is ready to go. Quite tidy but not mint. Garaged. New battery, centre stand. PM me if interested. Located near Gloucester.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
That's a spanking nice paint job on that.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Pretty stunning paint job on BobA's bike. I'd call it " The Empire strikes back". ;-)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Pretty stunning paint job on BobA's bike. I'd call it " The Empire strikes back". ;-)
I can't take any credit for the paint job unfortunately. I bought the bodywork as a set from a member on this site called "meljordan". Mel had this scheme on his bike until he became afflicted with "Rugged Roads Syndrome" a horrible nasty disease that eats into your brain, soul, and pocket and causes you to completely strip and totally update your Africa Twin to full Rugged Roads build!!!

:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts