Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Always wanted an AT750, currently have a TA650, but now in a position to maybe actually afford one. Been watching whats on the market (ebay and FB) and noticed that prices seem to sit mainly between £3,250 to £5,000. With the odd one just below or above those. However I am seeing the same bikes not moving at these prices currently. So for those more closely involved, does this mean demand has dropped for them now ( know lots of imports have come in over the last few years) ? is age and parts availability making them less attractive? Are other riders looking at newer AT's or other bikes ?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The Africa twin XRV as a good following but if I was buying one now it would have to be in great condition and i would expect to pay around 4000-4500 but I would be willing to wait for the right one knowing it will last and has been looked after. Buying an imported one cheaper would not be an option due to very little or no history usually trip meter, clocks etc are faded so a bit to do when you buy. The ones that are on a long time I would think are far from perfect and priced to high. A new africa twin starts at £7000 so a different market I think. A good thread starter lol. This is 24 year old and why I ride one.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve had my XRV since 2004/ bought it at a year old (03 plate). I’ve been keeping an eye on prices too over the years. As enn705 says £4000/ 4500 probably about right for a good one. Possibly a grand more for a mint one.

it’s like any older / discontinued bikes though - the good ones get rarer & rarer. Most of the ones that are appearing week after week have damage/ are tatty or lots of after market parts which wouldn’t interest me. If anything happened to mine - I think I’d struggle to replace

just have to be patient/ looking for the right one & be ready to move when it does as a lot of other guys looking to jump as soon as a really good one appears.

Not saying mines is mint or anything but as good as I can keep it. Good luck

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts