Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
compleat engine runs very well no smoke ticked over nicely and rode nicely ,out put shaft is good
no oil leaks
31000 miles
NOW THE IMPORTANT PART
this engine was removed from a stolen recovered bike (i have recepts to prove)and as such has no engine numbers:(
£300ono must be collected from peterborough full recept will be given
if theres enough interest or it hasnt sold in a week or 2 i will strip it and list the parts on ebay

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: xrv750 rd04 compleat engine

Hey there mad4it028 ,I am interested .

Just one question :what year bike is this from, will it fit a 1998 rd074.
sorry thats two .

Cheers
Gerry

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i beleave it was a 91 but have no way of knowing but it is an rd04 engine:thumbup:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts

I don't believe they are a straight swap - something to do with the electrical setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Hi there,

Definitley interested but would have to ship it to kenya, so cost would have to come down.....If you would take 200quid (yup from an english bank account! see previous threads with kymmy, my sister in North Wales would be paying, not a dodgy internet fraud!) then would take it.....

Cheers,

jamie

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

£200 its yours but like i said it is collection i wouldnt know where to start with shipping to kenya alto there is a guy on this site based in peterborough and kenya dont know his user name but his name is robert he ships parts to nirobi so he might be able to help you he bought a few bits from me

oh and if you read this robert drop me a line as ive lost your card please

·
Getting there
143 Posts
Hi Jamie

Might ba able to assist with freight depending on how fast you need it. I am shipping both my @s and some other parts to Kenya in a couple of weeks. Might be able to squeeze into the container.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Many thanks for the offers of assistance on the shipping. I am trying to find out if it is ok to ship an engine with no engine number. Normally would be tricky, but i think as you have the receipt it should be ok. Can i ask what sort of receipt is is (or where from rather eg dealer/insurance company)....

Will check up on it here and if its a go, will take it for sure. will get back to you in the next two days.

thanks,

Jamie

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Spanner in the works: all the engines - even of RD07s are RD04 numbered. If it is from a 91 bike then it is indeed an RD04 bike.

The RD we generally talk about are frame numbers, but and RD07 will have an engine with a number starting RD04.

Confused? You will be.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the bike was an rd04 i had a mail about the cams so engine is now being broken for parts so anyone wants any parts let me know

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much for the cases? needs to be cheap (I'm a fellow BCFer if it helps? ...thought not). My GF works in P'borough so could have them picked up.

Joe

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much for the cases? needs to be cheap (I'm a fellow BCFer if it helps? ...thought not). My GF works in P'borough so could have them picked up.

Joe
the cases have no engine numbers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello mate, I'm interesting for the clutch and/or gearbox. Are these items available and ,how much do they cost both and separated. Could you please inform me if you can send in Greece (charge is on me ,of course)?

Thanks in advance
Louis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts