Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Im new the forum and require urgent help.

I need to source a crankshaft for my XRV750 as far as I know the RD04 and the RD07 uses the same Crank is this correct.

For some unknown reason mine broke 3 teeth on the Timing Gear.

Im leaving a a long distance tour in 3 weeks and just my luck this happened now, Luckily this didn't happen on the tour.

If there is anyone that can help me source a crank please PM me

Kind regards
AdvenDon

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the other inmates here, but can appreciate the sense of urgency...so thought I'd ask if you'd tried looking on cmsnl.com ?

Best of luck,
Dar

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the other inmates here, but can appreciate the sense of urgency...so thought I'd ask if you'd tried looking on cmsnl.com ?

Best of luck,
Dar

I had a look on Boonstra for you...nothing available there unfortunately.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fyi. You can't just throw in a second hand crank. You need to measure the crank and the shells with plastiguage. Last time I checked, most of the shells are discontinued too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The crank i got comes with rodds shells and i ordered a set of black mains and new timing chains from honda so it should be ok

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
The crank i got comes with rodds shells and i ordered a set of black mains and new timing chains from honda so it should be ok

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
The different size shells take into account the machining tolerances in the cases and the crank. If you replace the crank or the cases, you should measure and adjust.

It might be fine. Or it might not.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts