Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished getting the bike back on the road :blob2:
MOT and tax done on Saturday (passed no probs)

Great to be back on the road, managed to go for a 70 mile spin on Sunday afternoon and got some of the sunshine.

Cost me a small fortune, but all the following have now been done:

ALL new wheel bearings (1st time ive replaced them and an easy job). Some of them were feeling quite rough compared to new and looking very rusty.

New headrace bearings (torqued as spec) and feeling loads better - can now take my hands off the bars and no wobbles.

All new silicone hoses for coolant - look good, but more for piece of mind that nothing is going to burst !

new brake pads.

New front discs - took a punt and went for the kyoto wavy discs. Initial breaking was poor, but during my ride, i could feel them bedding in and now feel they are getting closer to original bite. Another 1 to 200 miles should finish bedding everything in.

Checked and cleaned all wiring and connectors. Added a voltage meter to my dash (there was just enough space left)

Loads of general cleaning and checking tightness of various bolts and stuff.

Now i just need to sort out the time to get a few more rides in :toothy4::toothy4::toothy4::toothy4::toothy4:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Very good:D:D:D

We'll have to get together again, I'll probably have to re-introduce myself - it's been that long:rolleyes:

Enjoy:thumbup:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
Colchester boyz ride out??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts