Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the weekend I spent a couple of hundred quid on gifts* for the love of my life, and on the day they start to arrive in the post she blows her immobiliser antenna and leaves me stranded on the side of the road. FI warning lamp and HISS light comes on and the engine dies; wait a minute or two and the lights go off and the engine fires up again.

So in addition to the *Givi crash bars, Barkbuster guards, MRA Vario screen and folding gear change lever, she now expects me to spend a hundred quid for replacement ignition barrel plus labour! :rolleyes:

Huh, there's gratitude for you! :cwm10::cwm21:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
she loved you enough not to blow the whole ECU/HISS/barrel kit

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
On the weekend I spent a couple of hundred quid on gifts* for the love of my life, and on the day they start to arrive in the post she blows her immobiliser antenna and leaves me stranded on the side of the road. FI warning lamp and HISS light comes on and the engine dies; wait a minute or two and the lights go off and the engine fires up again.

So in addition to the *Givi crash bars, Barkbuster guards, MRA Vario screen and folding gear change lever, she now expects me to spend a hundred quid for replacement ignition barrel plus labour! :rolleyes:

Where did you get your mra screen from and was it the vario screen? i'm contemplating one th echeapest i've found it was £113

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts

What do you expect? You forgot the box of Milk Tray, didn't you? :rolleyes::D.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
See Dave if you had bought a BMW GSA you would only have had to buy a spare final drive, None of that extra scaffolding
Don't forget if you need bits they have not supplied give us a shout J:D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, after years of criticising BMWs and extolling the virtues of Hondas I get hit with a big bill. At least this is once in five years, not once every six months like on my old BMW!

I suspect fitting these "simple" bolt-ons will actually be more difficult than at first appears. Will give you a bell if/when I get into trouble, mate! :thumbright:

jasonbc: £98.78 plus delivery from http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Vario_Touring_Screens_for_Honda.html

·
Registered
224 Posts
Frustrating thing about gizzmos like HISS is they go wrong and need fixing

Personally I rather not have it atall

But the the bike would get knicked the next day etc

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, the Vara is lardy enough already!

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Dave when you finish put a more aggressive tyre on like a a Torance or Conti Escapes. and we'll go for a ride.:D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I stopped at Aldi's this afternoon for a quick gander, when I came back out to start the Vara the FI light stayed on when I put on the ignition, I thought this was funny, turned it over but it didn't start?
Third time lucky, the light went out and the bike started. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I stopped at Aldi's this afternoon for a quick gander, when I came back out to start the Vara the FI light stayed on when I put on the ignition, I thought this was funny, turned it over but it didn't start?
Third time lucky, the light went out and the bike started. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come?

Mind did this once and once only a couple of years ago. I must admit I didn't look at the lights but it started eventually. Never did it again.

Full story here http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bike-tech/27595-hiss-problem.html

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
How close were you to the Sign.
It could be a phone mast interfering with the HISS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts