Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transalp 600 on a V plate 834 miles. Up for sale at £3295. I no the guy that mot's it ever year and the mileage is genuine.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Transalp 600 on a V plate 834 miles. Up for sale at £3295. I no the guy that mot's it ever year and the mileage is genuine.

Mileage is genuine as speedo cable is broken:thumbup::thumbup:

·
???
495 Posts
I thought this one popped up a few months ago... it was a couple of k and someone pointed out that the lower exhaust plate was the wrong colour for the model...

Or did I dream that?

:compress:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The story is that the owner will not be rideing again. It's up for sale at a local dealers, who has only had it a few weeks. Will they get price? There is also a low mileage tiger, cars and a boat all like new. At some point they will come up for sale.

Rod

·
???
495 Posts
The story is that the owner will not be rideing again. It's up for sale at a local dealers, who has only had it a few weeks. Will they get price? There is also a low mileage tiger, cars and a boat all like new. At some point they will come up for sale.

Rod
Hi Rod

That may be the case, but I havent been on here for a while (I think) and I have seen that exact same picture on here at least before Christmas...

Or am I loosing my marbles?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was an AT I think that was on ebay very low mileage that was up for silly money, and someone but up a link to it. Maybe it was that one. Or I could be wrong:confused:

Rod

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Think Sean posted one up, if it the same dont know. Very good nick and a great buy but not at that price

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Honda Used Bikes

Sean did spot/ post this last November, heres the shop link.
Still nice, still overpriced.:thumbright:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Massively over priced!

I also spotted the '08 XL700VA with no extras on it for very nearly £5.5k

I bought my ex-demo '09 TA for £5.2k and had a centre stand and 360deg heated grips fitted to and all for the same price. Oh and they threw in the first service too :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I thought this one popped up a few months ago... it was a couple of k and someone pointed out that the lower exhaust plate was the wrong colour for the model...

Or did I dream that?

:compress:
I thought the lower guard was meant to be black. Those wheels look like they have been re-anodised too. I could be wrong or it could be a bad photo but they look far to yellow to be original.

Here's one for comparison...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/potski-photos/3404594757/sizes/l/in/set-72157616144328787/

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
no its definately all original.
Do you know this bike or have you seen it in the flesh?

If it is all original, how come this is the only one around with a sliver exhaust guard? I have not seen any other 50th Anniversary ones with a silver guard and any Honda promo photos show it with a black guard just like all the other XL600V's.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Do you know this bike or have you seen it in the flesh?

If it is all original, how come this is the only one around with a sliver exhaust guard? I have not seen any other 50th Anniversary ones with a silver guard and any Honda promo photos show it with a black guard just like all the other XL600V's.
Didn't all of the later 600's (post '96) have plain alloy coloured wheels too?

Phil

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice looking bike:thumb:

I have receipts for parts etc totalling almost £3K for my 1985 XR250 rebuild does that mean I'd get £3K+ for it if I put it up for sale? Most likely not; you just need one person to pay the asking price the others can look elsewhere, it's just finding that one elusive buyer!

Just because the asking price seems "silly" to some doesn't mean there aren't people out there willing to pay. If someone has all the paperwork to prove work carried out/parts/history etc your bound to get snubbed because Joe down the road has the same bike,same year for £1k less, but Joe's bike has one MOT certificate, 0 history and one poxy receipt for a chain and oil filter.

That's my take on it:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts