Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
You're not allowed to call them "Thieving Gypsy Bastards" either

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz_(comic)

wikipedia said:
The comic was reprimanded by the United Nations after featuring a strip called 'The Thieving Gypsy Bastards'.[17] During the resulting court case, UK newspaper The Sun ran a story revealing that the principal Roma man who initiated the action against them was in fact also being tried for (and was later found guilty of) handling stolen property. Viz then later ran a short strip called "The Nice, Honest Gypsies", featuring a kindly Gypsy woman selling pegs door-to-door and helpfully returning forgotten change.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You spotted my subtle reference then, Boris.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I jiust clicked on your link to Wikipedia and all I got was this message: Please refrain from making unconstructive edits to Wikipedia, as you did to Emma Freud. Your edits appear to constitute vandalism and have been reverted.

I have been a naughty boy haven't I?

The Emma Freud Thread

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Martin McDonagh and Charlie Ward, both fathers of five
so that's 10 trainee thieving scum bags.....

but no, we can't say that just like I was told I couldn't accuse the local 'travellers' of stealing my bike when it vanished the same morning they moved on

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
and Bernie Eccleston is not allowed to call em Pikeys repairing the tarmac on a race track

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
What about "New Age, traveling, thieving, bar-stewards" then? Is that allowed?:D

·
Stop looking at my Member
265 Posts
Anyone else catch the Gypsy wedding programme ?

Made me feel right proper and classy that did !

Though all they would say on the subject was don't call us Pikeys. Where does that come from ?

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Anyone else catch the Gypsy wedding programme ?

Made me feel right proper and classy that did !

Though all they would say on the subject was don't call us Pikeys. Where does that come from ?
My daughters watched that - apparently one of the women that got married had a 20 foot long head-dress - to which my two said... oooohhh I'd love one of them when I get married. :violent1: Pair o' pikeys the two of 'em!!!!!!

Pikey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't mean to laugh when I read this - but I did:

http://www.grthm.co.uk/myths-and-truths.php

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My daughters watched that - apparently one of the women that got married had a 20 foot long head-dress - to which my two said... oooohhh I'd love one of them when I get married. :violent1: Pair o' pikeys the tow of 'em!!!!!!

Pikey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well if it were good enough for Shakespeare and the Timesm the it's good enough more. The bloody Pikeys:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts