Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I also have been reading about these valves, they are cheaper on eBay if your thinking of buying.

There are none specifically for the XRV on the bay.

My thinking is, I can't see why a similar weighted bike & the same diameter valve/fork wouldn't work.

eBay search " hon YSS PD "

:thumbup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've had a quick look to see what bikes have 43mm forks:

43mm which fits:
Honda CBR1100XX 97-02 43mm
Honda CBR600F4/F4I 99-04 43mm
Honda RC30 88-90 43mm
Honda RC30 VFR750R 43mm
Honda XR600 43mm
Kawasaki ZX11 90-97 43mm
Suzuki RF600/900 94-96 43mm
SuzukiGSXR750/1100 88-90 43mm
Yamaha FZR1000 89-90 43mm
Yamaha YZF R6 99-04 43mm

Then I cross referenced the above to see which ones they had for sale on eBay.

This is the one that I've spotted that might fit, it's the 43mm FZR1000 89-90.

Yamaha FZR 1000 89-90 YSS PD Fork Valves | eBay

It states the valve is: Valve OD: 36.0

I am unsure if this is the correct size/size, as I haven't looked up the sizes of any other make/type of emulators yet.

From what I can make out, the valve should be the same diameter as the top of the control/damper rod :thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
yes, I just bought some Intiminators direct from Ricor USA. $200 inc post to Europe. You need to scroll down the post options on the order form, or e-mail Ricor and ask. They're really helpful. Still, more expensive than the YSS ones...

It would be worth getting a group together for a group purchase - Ricor offered a good deal for 5+ pairs to the same address.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just a short word to mention that Stefter, the French dude who brought us the famous Stefter sprockets, also makes fork valves in 43mm diameter. He has two models depending on your bike. They have a small difference that makes them RD0X specific. ;-)

I have them on my RD07a with recommended 7.5w fork oil. Will try thinner 5w for offroad duty for a softer damping.

Lee

·
Junior
484 Posts
Cheers Lee
At this moment I'm starting tearing bike apart , dam so much rust ? ,
Them fork valves you use with standard springs , cause I'm getting progressive , is there point doing both?
Val

2 bikes , twice is happy

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Cheers Lee
At this moment I'm starting tearing bike apart , dam so much rust  ,
Them fork valves you use with standard springs , cause I'm getting progressive , is there point doing both?
Val

2 bikes , twice is happy
Most valves are designed for linear fork springs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My experience with Intiminators is that they're better with the standard spring. I've tried with Progressive springs too. The Intiminator valves are about 12mm thick so add some pre-load and I think you lose the softer bit of a prog spring making the fork too stiff on small bumps, or at least that's my guess. Better with original springs anyway.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You haven't got link to that French dude by any chance

Val

2 bikes , twice is happy 樂
Stefter is on this forum.

As for the valves, they are like the YSS units. I have a set on my RD07a and another to fit later on my RD03 after I better test the Intimidator already fitted.

I am actually waiting to test more suspension settings on my RD07s before I take it apart and restore the bike. I will try 5W oil, then increase slightly the airgap to compensate for the spring preload caused by the thick valve. For off-road duty, I definitely prefer a softer damping and spring rate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.