Honda XRV Forum banner
3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bowf 
#1 ·
Thinking of spoiling the old machine and replacing the 21year old rear shock.

The YSS units that Wemoto sell seem to get great reports when fitted to the little CRF250L, so I was thinking of trying one out.

Anyone on here tried one on a 600 Alp?

I have prices up a Wilbers for it as well - those I know work well, but thought I'd ask if any experience of the YSS units out there!

Steve T

:cool:

#4 ·
Hi Steve, I bought a YSS shock for my '88 600. The cheapest price at the time was 263 GBP.

Suspension part Coil spring Shock absorber Auto part Suspension

It was definitely an improvement on the tired old shock.

Mine is actually adjustable for height, but raising height causes the chain to run with a "bend" in it which might wear away the rubber slider on top of the swingarm.

#5 ·
Bowf

Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience of this make of shock.

The new year will see me pushing the button on a shock purchase.

Thanks again for sharing.

Steve T

:cool:

#6 ·
Update - my YSS shock sprung an oil leak today. I am not impressed, as it has only done about 900 gentle miles since I fitted it. It's all been on-road too,and with no pillion. I reckon it was riding over speed bumps today that did it.

Thankfully the shock came with a 2-year warranty but now I have the hassle of removing it, returning it and fitting whatever they send me back. Grrr!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.