Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me? am i out of touch? or are these people that we laughingly call a Government a completely clueless bunch of idiots?

I work in the financial sector, we saw this all coming years ago, we moved all our clients out of the stockmarket and into cash,gold and silver in February 2008, we have missed all of the carnage.

It was becoming obvious to us that Britain had reached a state of insanity, people really believed that there rubbish little houses were worth 8 or 10 times the average salary, ignore the fact that the long term average is 3 times !!!! and at every bust since records began 2 times.

The Banks and the Government believed the same rubbish. Right uyp to the point that they all imploded.

Inevitably the mother of all bubbles collapsed, Unfortunately it has now collapsed the real economy with it, notice unemployment? and job security and your future prospects?

Notice the effects of all the money printing? food prices shooting up. closer to home A New Transalp last year was 5300 today it is 6400. last year 1 pound was 1.5 euro, today closer to 1.1 Euro.

But the solution according to these idiots, is to try and reignite the housing bubble by dropping interest rates to 0% therefore screwing anybody who has been sensible and saved, printing money and taking on ever greater debt, Britain already has more consumer debt than every other country in the EU combined, but official policy is that we need more.

Imagine if the Government and lapdog media were producing news reports stating that "Great news today, for the first time in history the price of a new Honda Transalp has breached 10,000 pounds, hopes are that at this asset appreciation rate they will cost 15,000 next year"

Mad? that,s the British way with housing. Everybody hopes it goes up so they can voluntarily take out more debt from the bankers for the next house, or there children have to get into far more debt to afford a basic 1st time buyers house. We love being bonded debt slaves to the bankers.

But the bankers and Government are here to help. If you have 5000 pounds to spend on a mortgage and interest rates are 10% you can afford a 50,000 pound mortgage. If the bankers "help" you by dropping interest rates to 2% you can afford a 250,000 pound mortgage. How are they helping you? by getting you into 5 times as much debt, that will be 5 times as difficult to pay off?

What happens if interest rates rise? say 1%? on a 10% interest rate that is effectively a 10% rise. On a 2% interest rate a 1% rise is effectively a 50% rise and on a 250,000 pound mortgage not a 50,000 mortgage !!!!!!!!

Are we an educated people? or are we so dumbed down that we cannot even work out basic maths any more ?

I will tell you the future in Britain, The Government in particular but also Corporate and personal debt is out of control.

If they do nothing which would be the sane policy, house prices will collapse.

They will not do this, so they will take on massively more debt and print a lot of new money therefore devaluing the purchasing power of all existing money. This will mean house prices will be stabilised in the new devalued money.

However the side effects will be the Transalp at 20,000 pounds a weekly food shop at 400 pounds a coffee at 10 pounds. Also massively higher taxation to pay the interest on the Governments debt, huge unemployment, and drastically cut services.

This will all play out over the next 10 years, it is simply not possible to run a country as bad as Britain has been run without this happening. We have followed a lot of the policies of the old Soviet Union as has America. Free market capitalism with all the bailouts? i think not.

The results will be the same as what happened to the Soviet Union or Argentina or Iceland it is all just a question of time.

·
UP THE WORKER COMRADE
294 Posts
It has become all too common, debt, is seen as normal. I know a guy who owes millions to the bank, they can't for close on him cos he owes too much. His lifestyle is lavish, but he's way over his head in debt.

In the public sector senior Officers are getting massive pay awards and jobs are being created which don't actually contribute to the common good, ******** jobs.

In the mean time we are seeing manufacturing jobs died day after day.

The longer Brown waits to go to the Country the bigger the shafting he will get. Problem is what's the answer, who can deliver eco stability?

UP THE WORKERS!

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
You should start your own political party Shep...there's a few famous people that agree with you...........

Lord Webber, Paul Daniels, Jim Davidson, Cilla Black, Lady Olga Maitland and Mathew Parrish (Win double those two:rolleyes:) to name but a few visionaries of our time.......

A lot of them would be available I imagine 'cos they forgot to leave the country when Labour was elected! (as promised by some of them).

Good way to launch a party eh?......on a broken promise....they'll fit right in.................

The world recession wasn't launched from these shores excepting that square mile down the road from here.....and you know it.

Over to you chaps....Laters. :hitler:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It will be like Italy was in the 80's 1,000,000 lire for a loaf of bread.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
It will be like Italy was in the 80's 1,000,000 lire for a loaf of bread.
I'm going to set up a wheelbarrow factory and survive the raging inflation.:thumbup:

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Lord Webber, Paul Daniels, Jim Davidson, Cilla Black, Lady Olga Maitland and Mathew Parrish (Win double those two:rolleyes:) to name but a few visionaries of our time.......

A lot of them would be available I imagine 'cos they forgot to leave the country when Labour was elected! (as promised by some of them).
I voted labour on the promise Paul Daniels, Jim Davidson et al would all bugger off, they bloomin' didn't so left me with the worst of both worlds Pope Tony Blair and Jim Davidson :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts